Music Cheer-music Format

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 24, 2011
How does the cheer routine which requires a cheer in the middle like the UCA nationals do? Typically, in a college routine the first music portion is one minute long and the second music portion is 45 seconds long.

How does the cheer routine which requires a cheer in the middle like the UCA nationals do? Typically, in a college routine the first music portion is one minute long and the second music portion is 45 seconds long.

That's a question so are you wanting to know if people like that format? If so then yes I like it for UCA schools but I would not want anyone else to take on that format. I technically prefer NCA better where they do the cheer at prelims at the very beginning and that score carries over to finals.

Oh, lawdy, this is a doozie. So many questions about your question. Are you asking:

A.) How does a routine that involves a cheer (specifically of the UCA format) do as far as scoring goes at a competition, say against an all star type of routine (no cheer)?
B.) How does one come up with a routine with the UCA format?
C.) Whats the best break up of music-cheer-music ratio?
D.) How do they play the music and cue it back in at the right music?
E.) What format do they use for the music? (MP3, MP4, CD, Cassette Tape, Record, 8-track, Live Orchestra, etc?)
F.) All of the above.
G.) None of the above.

Btw, I needed to shimmy all of your responses, this thread..... 'tis great.

I have to say they can sometimes be a pain in the butt to listen to on your iPod. I have the 2009 UK mix and usually skip it because whoever uploaded it left the biggggg pause in the middle while on the 2010 one they cut it out. I will stick with my NCA college team music.

Oh, lawdy, this is a doozie. So many questions about your question. Are you asking:

A.) How does a routine that involves a cheer (specifically of the UCA format) do as far as scoring goes at a competition, say against an all star type of routine (no cheer)?
B.) How does one come up with a routine with the UCA format?
C.) Whats the best break up of music-cheer-music ratio?
D.) How do they play the music and cue it back in at the right music?
E.) What format do they use for the music? (MP3, MP4, CD, Cassette Tape, Record, 8-track, Live Orchestra, etc?)
F.) All of the above.
G.) None of the above.

Btw, I needed to shimmy all of your responses, this thread..... 'tis great.

It's C.

Back