All-Star Cheer Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 28, 2010
Kind of to go along with the message board pet peeves. Your pet peeves in cheer. Whether it's in the gym, competition, or anywhere else!

Probably one of my biggest ones.. Mini/Youth parents taking flash pictures in the viewing room. I'm sorry but it's SO distracting.

Well, I think this thread could potentially get the most posts because the list is endless. My biggest cheer pet peeve is that of parents sitting at the gym discussing other people's children and 'deciding' amongst themselves who does not belong on certain teams.

Hahah, before I would just drive myself to the gym my parents wouldn't even go in the viewing room or anything. They didn't need the cheer drama so they stayed in the car. They just cared that I was having fun.

Well, I think this thread could potentially get the most posts because the list is endless. My biggest cheer pet peeve is that of parents sitting at the gym discussing other people's children and 'deciding' amongst themselves who does not belong on certain teams.

This is at the top of my list, along with parents questioning why something is or isn't being done. Almost none of these people will actually talk to the coach about their concerns. Sometimes I like to watch but I find myself bitting my tongue most of the time. Yup this IS my biggest pet peeve, I can feel my blood pressure going up as I'm writing this. Leave the coaching to the coaches.

i hate it when flyers are in the air & they start shaking their heads because they are messing up! uggh! deal w/ it! your a flyer! SMILE!

i hate it when a team gets dressed up for a competition and gives everyone else "im better than you" looks..sorry its true.

i just plain out cannot stand stage moms & dads..the kind that over push their child, complain who is basing their child if they are a flyer, blaming all their child's mistakes on other people, yelling at their child when they get off the stage/at practice & the list goes on!

i hate when there is a long line for the restroom (womens of course) & people think it's ok to let their friends jump everyone by standing in front of them in line.

i hate to see girls walking around in bloomers..why take the skirt off in the 1st place?? unless your putting pants on IN A CLOSED AREA.

i cant stand to see people with their bow all messed up and hair messy. put your hair in a neat pony and stop trying to look cute!

okay ill stop now.

i cannot stand this!!
or when people wait for the last second to put up their hair and do their make up before a comp and then take it all off right when they're done..
little flyers who think they can just sit there because they're small
someone not throwing a skill when everyone else is busting they're *** to at least try
i'm sure i could think of more..

where to start:
when someone on the team makes themself coach during warm-ups and statrs telling people what they can and can't do on the floor...

when the flyer blames everything on the bases/back

when people who can't actually execute a skill AT ALL trying teaching people. esp if it's your first season and you dont even know enough aboit it to think about teaching someone.... ie teaching/helping someone with a back tuck/bhs when you cant even do it... and dont understand the profer form yourself... like there are people who cant and teach very well but... yeah

having to change something in a sequence when you do it perfect but noone else can do it... story of my life

Cheer Parents and i mean CHEER parents.

people telling me how to do things i already know... i'm not stupid... don't insult my intelligence or skill. thanks. it makes me sooo mad. and so i cut them of in their sentences to try and beat them. lol

Trash talking coaches

people who think they're good cuz of one skill or just in general but aren't...

when people dont TRY to throw their stuff, esp. when we're supposed to be doing it or we have to start over/that time wont count and everyone else is.

flyers who dont understand how to fly/fight to stay up

people who are never at practice yet they think they can tell people what to do/ complain because somethings not being done... um maybe if you showed up once in a while you wouldn't feel that way

not getting fundraisers til the week before its due when it's been going on for a month...

lol. um, im sure there's more...let me think on it

CHEER PARENTS GOSSIPPING!! I'm assuming most parents encourage their kids not to trash talk other kids, so what makes it okay for them to do it?! Lead by example mom and dad!!

People who skip their turns cause they don't want to tumble. I hate it even more because so many people can get away with it because my coach is so oblivious!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Okay I'm actually making a list now
- Girls who are consistently missing from practice. Over the summer, one girl was missing so long I thought she wasn't on the team anymore!
- Parents who try and coach the team. Enough said.
- People bringing their outside drama into the gym.
- At tumbling, when younger girls run around and don't take it seriously. I can't tell you how many times I've almost hit little girls because they just run around.. and they wonder why they are get yelled at.
- Girls who try to suck up to the older girls at the gym on their HS team in hopes that it will help them get on Varsity as a freshmen.. This is allstars not school.
- Kids trying to coach the team if our coach is late/busy/whatever
- "I like my coach from last year better.. she was my coach for 3 years and now I just don't like my new coach's style of coaching"
- Flyers who wear clothes that are SO hard to stunt with (slippery, baggy, ect)
- Flyers who don't think they're the reason the stunt isn't hitting when it really is them
- Crying at practice. I get if you have a reason but too much is enough.
- Showing up really late at competitions without calling or texting a coach. (Hey, as you were sitting in your car with your phone in your hand, we were scrambling trying to find someone to replace you!)

I could go on FOREVERR

When people just can not wait untill the end of a performance to walk in front of you.....I can not tell you how many times the announcer at Worlds asked everyone to wait untill a team was off the floor before you walked down isle or stairs yet there was non stop traffic walking in front of everyone, even coaches leading their entire teams around right in front of people trying to watch the compitition. Where did common courtesy go????

When people just can not wait untill the end of a performance to walk in front of you.....I can not tell you how many times the announcer at Worlds asked everyone to wait untill a team was off the floor before you walked down isle or stairs yet there was non stop traffic walking in front of everyone, even coaches leading their entire teams around right in front of people trying to watch the compitition. Where did common courtesy go????

Praise Jesus! Me too.

Back