Cheer Shoes For A Flyer With Weak Ankles?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 22, 2016
Hi all,

I was looking at the nfinity website and I see they now have high top cheer shoes? Would these be suitable for level 3 flying? I have weak overly bendy ankles which have a tendency to roll in stunts. I also had some mild pain in my Achilles two seasons a go, although this thankfully hasn't returned.

To give some more info, I'm a flyer on my university cheerleading squad competing at level 2/level 3 team and group stunt. I'm mainly a stunter, my tumbling wouldn't be my strong point. We train on a dead floor but 90% of the time it's indoors. However I've heard some nfinity shoes fall apart even inside? I'll be training about 4 times a week. Anything which helps hold my ankle in place would be great! I'm also working on my forms so anything which helps with grip to pull them would be a massive bonus.

Thank you!

To help your ankle, you need to rehab it. You need to build strength in it. Talk to an athletic trainer about rehab-ing the joint.

Then just make sure you get shoes that have support near the ankle. They can be low or high.

Braces and high top shoes aren't the solution to weak ankles. Braces can help you temporarily, but if overused, they can have a reverse effect.

Thanks guys, I appreciate that I need to strengthen my ankles, but do you have any shoe recommendations that won't make the problem worse? I understand the nfinity vengeance are very soft, so that probably wouldn't be the best idea?

Evolution or defiance. I wouldn't wear a high top or a brace unless your doctor advises it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back