All-Star Cheer Update And Cheer Issues

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you can't pay for it on time than that is no different from not being able to pay for it.

This. Lying about why you quit was honestly your first mistake; regardless of whether or not you go back, I would sit down with your coach and explain what happened. Chances are, he/she likely went to the Marching Band director already and was told you were lying and therefore knows it's not the same reasons. High School coaches/teachers talk.
The coach knew that marching band and cheer was gonna interfer. She told me that if I quit she would know why. But when I quit they just knew I quit. I never had time to explain why I quit because marching has practice all week plus I had to be at doctor appointments and going back and forth between hospitals. When the marching season was over I saw the head coach and told her why I quit. I told her that I quit because marching band is a class and I was failing but I did tell her that my mom was in ICU.

It sounds like you love cheer, but in all honesty, the logistics aren't looking too great. Whether or not you go back to HS, I think you should tell your coach what really happened. @SL&AM is totally right. Coaches and teachers talk and if one of them thinks you are a liar, it could hurt your reputation for joining other sports/activities. You don't want to be that kid who people think they can't trust. I understand your reason for not telling them though, and they might too considering it's a personal matter. Own up to the fact that you lied and ask for forgiveness.

Back to finances/time management though, you have to ask yourself if this is going to be a huge personal strain for you. You don't want to put yourself under pressure that will ultimately be too overwhelming. Be realistic.
They whole faculty and staff knows that my mom is sick because my mom told them. Also marching band was one of the main reasons why I quit cheer my mom sickness was the final blow. I couldn't quit marching band because no classes were available. I do admit that I should have told the coach but I would have had to walk to the freshman campus (which is 1/4 of a mile) tell her why I'm quitting and walk back to the main campus. Time management won't be a problem because I rarely have homework and at my age you only work a certain number of hours. Finances shouldn't be hard because my moms disability plan.

They whole faculty and staff knows that my mom is sick because my mom told them. Also marching band was one of the main reasons why I quit cheer my mom sickness was the final blow. I couldn't quit marching band because no classes were available. I do admit that I should have told the coach but I would have had to walk to the freshman campus (which is 1/4 of a mile) tell her why I'm quitting and walk back to the main campus. Time management won't be a problem because I rarely have homework and at my age you only work a certain number of hours. Finances shouldn't be hard because my moms disability plan.
Honest question. How is it possible to do marching band and school cheer at the same time. Cp17 has never been interested in high school school cheer (it's not a big thing in our area), he does all star, but as a drum major for the last three years I don't even see how doing both marching band and cheer would be possible on football Friday night without not being 100% committed to either one. It was bad enough for cp17 to have to leave Tuesday evening rehearsals (the only time the band could get the stadium) 30 minutes early to get to AS cheer practice 30 minutes late and that was only during marching competition season (which gratefully ends right before AS competition season starts).

Unless band and school cheer operate differently where you're from I just don't see how you can do both at the same time and give a solid effort to them both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can't pay for it on time than that is no different from not being able to pay for it.

This. Lying about why you quit was honestly your first mistake; regardless of whether or not you go back, I would sit down with your coach and explain what happened. Chances are, he/she likely went to the Marching Band director already and was told you were lying and therefore knows it's not the same reasons. High School coaches/teachers talk.
I wanted to tell but I was always the person but I just couldn't. I didn't want to look weak. I thought they would judge my for quitting to be with my mom.

Honest question. How is it possible to do marching band and school cheer at the same time. Cp17 has never been interested in high school school cheer (it's not a big thing in our area), he does all star, but as a drum major for the last three years I don't even see how doing both marching band and cheer would be possible on football Friday night without not being 100% committed to either one. It was bad enough for cp17 to have to leave Tuesday evening rehearsals (the only time the band could get the stadium) 30 minutes early to get to AS cheer practice 30 minutes late and that was only during marching competition season (which gratefully ends right before AS competition season starts).

Unless band and school cheer operate differently where you're from I just don't see how you can do both at the same time and give a solid effort to them both.

I was in band my first 2 years of high school; marching band was until Dec and then switched to Concert Babd. Because I was a dancer, I was waivers out of marching band both years. So in some areas you can definitely do band and something else, but I agree with you that marching band and anything else would be impossible without a waiver.

*The day Susie was not full of sunshine.*

At my school its possible. I would miss the middle of Band camp for cheer practice. When I get back to band we have a 2 hour break so I eat lunch then sleep. I was an alternate so that was even better. Plus I was a JV cheerleader and had to cheer at 4 home games the whole season so Friday nights was no problem. The only problem competitions.

At my school its possible. I would miss the middle of Band camp for cheer practice. When I get back to band we have a 2 hour break so I eat lunch then sleep. I was an alternate so that was even better. Plus I was a JV cheerleader and had to cheer at 4 home games the whole season so Friday nights was no problem. The only problem competitions.
Yeah. That's different. You don't miss and camp here (well especially if you're the drum major) cp17 actually missed choreography for his Allstar team because it was smack in the middle of band camp. No compromising that one.

I could see JV and marching band working fine but marching band (being a class and a grade) trumps everything else - including competitions if thy would conflict - but gratefully band competitions ended about a week before our showcase so conflicting competitions were never an issue

I was in band my first 2 years of high school; marching band was until Dec and then switched to Concert Babd. Because I was a dancer, I was waivers out of marching band both years. So in some areas you can definitely do band and something else, but I agree with you that marching band and anything else would be impossible without a waiver.

*The day Susie was not full of sunshine.*
Our last competition is in November but we still have parade, games, and Clinics.

One of my friends in high school cheered and was in marching band! She was at all of our practices and I'm not sure how it worked out with band but she made it work. She cheered with us Friday nights and did the halftime show with band.

One of my friends in high school cheered and was in marching band! She was at all of our practices and I'm not sure how it worked out with band but she made it work. She cheered with us Friday nights and did the halftime show with band.

It's only difficult depending on what school you attend.

@Jayjay1301, after reading through this thread...I only going to ask how's your Mom doing and is she out of the hospital, yet! You, young man have too many,other things to worry about than spending needed family money for cheering...
She's doing great and out of the hospital. I told her I will wait another year but she told me that I should have the chance to do what I love.

She's doing great and out of the hospital. I told her I will wait another year but she told me that I should have the chance to do what I love.
And you will...in another year. You are young and have plenty of time. Trust me (as a mom) we don't ever want to tell our kids no you can't do something because of finances/mom's/dad's health etc. It is a horrible feeling. Give your mom a break with this please.

And you will...in another year. You are young and have plenty of time. Trust me (as a mom) we don't ever want to tell our kids no you can't do something because of finances/mom's/dad's health etc. It is a horrible feeling. Give your mom a break with this please.
I so agree with this. Take this year to work on tumbling and spend time with mom.

Excuses any typos [emoji23]

Back