All-Star Cheer Update And Cheer Issues

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And you will...in another year. You are young and have plenty of time. Trust me (as a mom) we don't ever want to tell our kids no you can't do something because of finances/mom's/dad's health etc. It is a horrible feeling. Give your mom a break with this please.
So like don't do any type of cheer at all? My high school fees will be little to nothing since I have most of the things I need

From what you've said, I just don't see how it's going to be logistically or financially possible for you to do allstar this year. But I also believe in the importance of having a distraction, doing something you love despite whatever is going on in your life. Hence why I do a boatload of co-curriculars despite the stresses of study and exams.

So do high school cheer, take some casual tumbling or stunting classes and work your way up to doing allstar next year. Your mom may not say it, but she'll probably be grateful to have more time with you and not have to worry so much about money.

From what you've said, I just don't see how it's going to be logistically or financially possible for you to do allstar this year. But I also believe in the importance of having a distraction, doing something you love despite whatever is going on in your life. Hence why I do a boatload of co-curriculars despite the stresses of study and exams.

So do high school cheer, take some casual tumbling or stunting classes and work your way up to doing allstar next year. Your mom may not say it, but she'll probably be grateful to have more time with you and not have to worry so much about money.

I was going to say the same thing about an outlet. In the uk some gyms will help with a payment plan or a solution if there is a problem like illness in the family. Maybe talk to the all star facility and explain your situation and see if they might be able to help you.

My concern is that sometimes receiving disability can take much longer than you think it will! I am on disability and it was a process. Even though I was clearly disabled and unable to work I was denied the first time. I had to get a lawyer (totally worth it) and file again. It still took quite awhile until my application was accepted and then I had to have an independent medical examination. After that I had to have a hearing (stressful!), where the judge determined that I was disabled and would not be able to ever work again. I had to wait about a month for my first payment, which included over a year of back pay. The whole process took nearly a year. I tell you all of this so that you know that it isn't always as easy as you think to get approved for SSI disability payments and to not rely on it until you actually get that first check.

My concern is that sometimes receiving disability can take much longer than you think it will! I am on disability and it was a process. Even though I was clearly disabled and unable to work I was denied the first time. I had to get a lawyer (totally worth it) and file again. It still took quite awhile until my application was accepted and then I had to have an independent medical examination. After that I had to have a hearing (stressful!), where the judge determined that I was disabled and would not be able to ever work again. I had to wait about a month for my first payment, which included over a year of back pay. The whole process took nearly a year. I tell you all of this so that you know that it isn't always as easy as you think to get approved for SSI disability payments and to not rely on it until you actually get that first check.
I'm not sure if she applied for state disability but her job disability plan gives her a check to her and me.

I was talking about disability through the Federal Government aka Social Security Disability. The Short and/or Long Term Disability through her job will eventually run out. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Those eventually do run out, most are 6-12 months.
Well she would have all of her surgeries and be back working by then. I have deep faith that she will get back to work soon. Her doctor think she will be back to work between the 1st of the year and late April or early May. They are waiting to find a kidney donor and they are waiting to find a date to take her Tumor out.

Well she would have all of her surgeries and be back working by then. I have deep faith that she will get back to work soon. Her doctor think she will be back to work between the 1st of the year and late April or early May. They are waiting to find a kidney donor and they are waiting to find a date to take her Tumor out.
Just how bad is she? I always thought of awaiting a transplant it was always the sickest come first so really no way to know when she'll get a new kidney. Could be a month or could be a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just how bad is she? I always thought of awaiting a transplant it was always the sickest come first so really no way to know when she'll get a new kidney. Could be a month or could be a year.

Both of her kidney are failing she's on dialysis.

There's also no way she'll be back at work until at least 3 months after the kidney donation. It takes a lot of time to recover from and you have to stay away from others since you basically have no immune system while taking the anti-rejection meds.

Also, you have to be a match for the kidney. You can't just take the first on that comes along.

Last edited:
There's also no way she'll be back at work until at least 3 months after the kidney donation. It takes a lot of time to recover from and you have to stay away from others since you basically have no immune system while taking the anti-rejection meds.

Also, you have to be a match for the kidney. You can't just take the first on that comes along.
Kind of what I thought.

Not to mention, it can takes years to find the right match.

Back