All-Star Cheerleading On The Today Show

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry to change the topic slightly. I don't know if this is just because I'm unaware of it's existence or what not, but I'm slightly upset that mostly college cheer is being exposed on various news casts and articles. I think the all star world is what really needs to be shown (regardless of the connecting it with the whole "wheather it's a sport or not" debate) . I mean... people are WAY more likely to go to a high school or college sports game and see the cheerleaders in those enviornments but it'd be rare for someone who has no connection to competitive cheer, walk into a real competition and learn first hand about that world.

Don't get me wrong though, I am SO greatly thankful for ANY positive media about cheerleading!

Sorry to change the topic slightly. I don't know if this is just because I'm unaware of it's existence or what not, but I'm slightly upset that mostly college cheer is being exposed on various news casts and articles. I think the all star world is what really needs to be shown (regardless of the connecting it with the whole "wheather it's a sport or not" debate) . I mean... people are WAY more likely to go to a high school or college sports game and see the cheerleaders in those enviornments but it'd be rare for someone who has no connection to competitive cheer, walk into a real competition and learn first hand about that world.

Don't get me wrong though, I am SO greatly thankful for ANY positive media about cheerleading!

Good thought on showing the All-Star side more.

i think its more beneficial to cheerleading to be recognized and accepted as a sport if it's part of the NCAA first. In my mind, that is the first step. Since college level cheerleading is the highest level there is, I think its wise to highlight the best of the best before we move to "youth" club divisions.

Latest posts

Back