All-Star Cheerleading Worlds 2015 - Day 3 (monday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

An Australian team placed 4th in 2013 in IOC5! It's awesome to see how strong the Australian teams are getting.
Now just imagine if Wildcats hadn't contested**** their way into finals, Australia would have actually globed! I heard they actually threatened to not bring any of their teams back to Worlds ever again if they didn't get in. SMH

Edits by MsT

Last edited by a moderator:
Now just imagine if Wildcats hadn't bitched and whined their way into finals, Australia would have actually globed! I heard they actually threatened to not bring any of their teams back to Worlds ever again if they didn't get in. SMH

Woah now. You might want watch your language, people get in trouble for that.

Also, do you have proof that they actually said that it is this something you heard through the the grape vine?

ETA: if it is something you truly just "heard" I would take it with a grain of salt. Tensions an emotions were high this weekend. People probably said a lot of things that were untrue.

Now just imagine if Wildcats hadn't bitched and whined their way into finals, Australia would have actually globed! I heard they actually threatened to not bring any of their teams back to Worlds ever again if they didn't get in. SMH
First off, bitter much?
Second, the person you quoted clearly said that they got 4th in 2013, that didn't happen that year...

Come to think of it, she's one of the few (the only other person I can think of is Madi) members who have always been on the team since their inception in 2011. Everyone else either came later, already left or, like Kyle, took a gap in between.
Lauren I believe was on there the whole time and is graduating this year.

If this were your team in this situation....why wouldn't you fight for a spot in finals, when there clearly was a mistake??! I see that you're a coach, and when I see a coach in this industry, talk that way it seriously worries me. There is NO reason to be talking like that on a public forum where there are 12 and 13 year olds that could be reading this. @King @mstealtoyou @Ashley could one of the moderators take care of that please?

Not related but I swear she has left and come back to Smoed probably four times.When does she in fact age out?

Sorry, her name escapes me at the moment but I remember her from the show. I know she's posted on here before.
kassidy. she ages out this year.

Come to think of it, she's one of the few (the only other person I can think of is Madi) members who have always been on the team since their inception in 2011. Everyone else either came later, already left or, like Kyle, took a gap in between.
jazzy and lauren were also on the 09-10 jr coed team and have been on the team since then.

I recall people borderline searching for her birth certificate when she came back in the show thread lol i believe it was said she is 19 now (cheer age 18). I feel like she's aged out at least 3 times the way she always said farewell to the team, but she should officially be finished with senior teams now. I see her popping up on i6 in the future
Hahaha she just sticks out in my mind because I think I remember the first season of the show (three season ago now) her discussing how she's going to miss this and how sad she was attending her last Worlds. I just assumed she was graduating or aging out. Then for the next two seasons anytime a girl quit or went down with an injury there she was again!

Now if I see her on the mat next year I'm launching a full scale investigation. (kidding, of course. I'm sure Cali wouldn't so openly bend the rules like that) Congrats to her and her team.

Hahaha she just sticks out in my mind because I think I remember the first season of the show (three season ago now) her discussing how she's going to miss this and how sad she was attending her last Worlds. I just assumed she was graduating or aging out. Then for the next two seasons anytime a girl quit or went down with an injury there she was again!

Now if I see her on the mat next year I'm launching a full scale investigation. (kidding, of course. I'm sure Cali wouldn't so openly bend the rules like that) Congrats to her and her team.

I believe it was explained that even though she graduated high school 2 years ago, she has a fall birthday that enabled her to super senior twice. All 3 seasons of that show she was brought in late in the game to replace someone. This past time she replaced the Berkley girl. I think Berkley's girls team got a bronze medal, so good for her that she did well even though she didn't get to be on Smoed.

I believe it was explained that even though she graduated high school 2 years ago, she has a fall birthday that enabled her to super senior twice. All 3 seasons of that show she was brought in late in the game to replace someone. This past time she replaced the Berkley girl. I think Berkley's girls team got a bronze medal, so good for her that she did well even though she didn't get to be on Smoed.

I'm glad the girl who went to Berkley had the opportunity to go to worlds and medaled. What team was she on?

I was an exercise science major in college and I have to wonder if all of these injuries had to do with overtraining. Yes, teams practice long and hard all year long. But, when it comes time for Worlds, coaches bump it up a notch and some have their teams practicing everyday, or if not everyday then for 4 or 5+ hours at a time. I understand that their intentions are good because they want their team to do well, but I also know from school that there needs to be a certain amount of recovery time between exercising and working the same muscle groups over and over. Overtraining is a bit more serious than most people understand. I know some of the injuries this weekend were freak accidents, but I for sure think a few of them had to do with overtraining and I hope coaches, gym owners, and athletes can learn from this.

Back