Cheermad Changes!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 28, 2013
Click For Full Article

5beb87_91a621471ab94dbea6a920f0ad166506~mv2.jpg

A VERY PERSONAL NOTE TO CheerMADs: Change is coming!
CheerMAD was created to support those who support the sport--cheer parents.
That will never change.
5beb87_b925c459713c4d2bbc808d457b1f832c~mv2.jpg

We do that by keeping cheer moms and dads informed by an independent voice, legally publishing items that other media did not or took down because industry leaders requested them to do so.
We do that by keeping you entertained by the cheer parent perspective that only a cheer parent can understand: I can't. She has cheer.
We know one of the most important issues for cheer parents is cost. That's why we don't accept advertising; we don't want you to be faced with yet another hand thrust out, taking your hard earned money. Our Certifiably CheerMAD blog posts don't even use the Google ads and pop-ups that show up in the middle of stories.
Because the rest of the world hasn't lived the cheer parent experience and "don't quite get it," everyone associated with CheerMAD is a cheer parent.
Many times, business offers have come in, in fact six months after launching CheerMAD an industry leader offered to buy us out (we didn't accept). Charging for subscriptions was suggested, creating a membership club, becoming non-profit to take in donations have been other ideas.
Some may argue that not taking the buy out wasn't very business-like but I knew that for CheerMAD to work, it needed to be authentic and independent.
5beb87_5ce7a955eb974093821d8a5554a58cfe~mv2.jpg

But this all came at a great personal cost : six months after launching CheerMAD my now-ex called it my "hobby." That was the moment, we both knew he would be my ex.
Food stamps and help from parents kept CheerMAD going because I knew, if not financially successful, I had hit on something important and even more importantly, very special.
5beb87_e4d9fd24f62c4a40a7d02e199d74be37~mv2.jpg

CheerMAD definitely has brought the cheer parent to the table of the cheer industry. We know this because with more than 12 million social media impressions last season, there is power in numbers. Last year, Rebel Athletics chose CheerMAD to launch its Tote. Rebel sold out of the product as we ran a fun promotion; company personnel credited our campaign.
And more and more marketers are coming to us with offers to access that cheer parent pocket book.
To keep to the spirit of our mission and support those who support the sport without becoming another place that takes your money, while at the same time stay in business and grow has been a challenge.
But I think we've found a solution.
5beb87_17a80a6f7fd7468989ccdf15bd100506~mv2.jpg

You'll be seeing some different posts and promotions-always with an offer of product for you to win or discount to enjoy. We insist on it being a good deal.
We'll be slowly adding products to our website www.CheerMAD.com that you might already purchase for your family, but always at a better price. By ordering through our affiliates program you will be helping CheerMAD continue to be an independent cheer parent source. And you will save money.
And it won't be junk.
5beb87_981464f4448643789d27842c0f70dbb0~mv2.jpg

We've got some amazing products for you to win in the coming weeks too. In this gift-giving season, wouldn't it be great to get some free gifts to give others-or even better, yourself?
And you don't have to wait long--we're kicking off with a fantastic giveaway tonight from our number one supportive cheer parent company: Rebel Athletics.
5beb87_c01d74a8bbcc4f66bd8dacb682210a52~mv2.jpg

What you can do to help:
1. Support CheerMAD so we can continue to support you and ensure the cheer parent voice will be heard loud and clear. If you like a story or post, tell other CheerMADs. Post regularly on your gym's parent page or in parent groups.
2. "Like" and "Share" all CheerMAD posts like never before.
3. Participate in the offers.
5beb87_8fabb499d9534a2a87bbb31f635907a1.jpg

Having your trust is a great honor and responsibility that I take very seriously (if you don't know my story you can read it here: https://www.cheermad.com/about).
I appreciate your support and will always support you.
Lisa D. Welsh CheerMAD founder and Chief Creative Officer

Back