OT #cheerprobs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Nov 20, 2012
So ive been having some #cheerproblems recently. This year is my first year on an allstar team-but i have been cheering for 6 years. In the beginning of the year everything was going great and i really liked it. Then the senior teams coach quit and everything began falling apart. Theres 2 senior teams and most of the girls are crossover, but im not. The one team got their entire routine choreographed in the beginning of the year but the coach was suppose to choreograph all of my teams routine except the dance. when the coach quit she was only half way through choreo so for 2 months we would go to practice and sit around doing nothing since we couldnt finish the routine. Our new coach (the owner) never really came to practice and didnt do anything to get our routine finished. A few months later and here we are just finishing choreography last weekend and we were supposed to compete in Decemeber, well that competition was obviously canceleed. We were promised we would be competing this weekend (today) but of course all the other teams in the gym went besides us. We are paying for these competition fees and not going. At this rate we will never compete. The coach complains how our team isnt together but how can we be when everything is focused on the other senior team? they get all the practice time and favorited. Its just not fair, my parents are sick of it, i am sick of it, and so are the other girls who arnt crossover. On top of all of this, my mom got into a huge fight with the owner/coach and now the coach is taking it out on me. I just dont know what to do anymore because staying at this team is wastting my time and money. Im losing a whole year of cheer and i only have 2 left (im a sophmore in hs). Cheer means everything to me and i love it. I was going to join another team in the area but they dont have any room left on the team with my skills. Almost every practice i come home crying. Practice isnt fun anymore. I just dont know what to do. Sorry guys i just had to get this out and rant and i wanted to hear your opinions about this whole story!

I'm sorry to hear that story. It doesn't sound very fair to you or the girls on your team. Has your mom continued to pay for services you aren't receiving? If you aren't getting choreography you should at least be training skills. And you definitely shouldn't be paying for competitions you aren't attending.

Thanks and yes were still paying, its alittle bit rediculous we wont be getting refunded for the competitions that were cancelled on us. the onlyvreason I still go is for tumbling practice, im worjing on bettering my skills so next year I can be on a higher team at a different gym

It all sounds unprofessional. If you didn't compete you shouldn't be paying the fees. And your coach should act like an adult and not take it out on you.

Back