Emily

International Cheer Correspondent
Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Jul 10, 2010
It's that time of the year again... :)

Here are some (hopefully) useful resources:
  • Cheersport Google doc - only update if you know what you are doing. If you don't know how to work the doc: write things that need to be changed in this thread and let someone knowledgeable change it for you. Anyone who needs to filter/sort: please save a copy of the original doc and do that there. The "comments" section is designed for very basic information on how the team did (think CheerUpdates-tweet-style), not lenghty opinions (those go in this thread). (thanks @luv2cheer92 )
  • The schedule
  • Bids that are given out:
    • Worlds: 8 full-paid, 16 at-large
    • The Summit: 25 bids
    • D2 Summit: 2 paid, 7 at-large
    • Bids will be announced during a livestream on Monday evening
  • Twitter Updates can be found here:
  • There seems to be no livestream or video on demand (vod) available this year :(
  • If you see a post that needs the attention of a moderator - please report the post (instead of quoting and tagging mods) if possible to make our job easier. Although I hope that we don't need any moderating this weekend ;)
Friday
  • Schedule for SYTYCT (so you think you can tumble)
  • Friday Night Live has a few teams performing on Friday to raise money for St. Jude. It should start around 8 pm EST. A livestream should be available via Varsity TV (No link or further information available yet, though). Informations can be found on the Cheersport-twitter or under the hashtag #FridayNightLive
Saturday
Sunday
Have fun and keep it classy!

Last edited:
So sad about the lack of VOD this year! One of the teams from our gym is going for the first time and I know we're all so disappointed not to be able to see how they do [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for setting this up @Emily !!!!!!

Good luck to all the CP's and CS's who are performing this weekend in Cheersport! I hope everyone of your teams hit!!!!!!!

I cannot believe it's already Cheersport weekend. Every year goes faster than the last. Can't wait to see all these beautiful routines that hit all their stunts wink wink wink wink wink wink worlds teams.

Sorry I've been slacking a little. The Google Doc is now updated with the latest schedule and is unlocked. I made a copy just in case but as Emily said, please please please only edit it if you know what you are doing.

So there will be 59 teams without any bid going for the 16 at-large Worlds bids.
And 86 teams (with at-large, partial, or no bid) going for the 8 paid bids.

ETA: I will say that it is totally possible that I may have missed a team that already has a bid, feel free to correct it on the Worlds page if you see it.

Last edited:
@Emily @love2cheer92
You're amazing as always. Either of you want to marry me? Haha.

Sorry I've been slacking a little. The Google Doc is now updated with the latest schedule and is unlocked. I made a copy just in case but as Emily said, please please please only edit it if you know what you are doing.

I should be around to help updating but I've done it before so it should be fine [emoji4]

I know last year they did the live streamed Summit bid announcements on monday... but does this include worlds bids as well this year? That would make me happy because they're worlds bids always make me raise an eyebrow.

Oh @Emily I heart you so much. Checking in from Atlantic station today. Cupieqt out (for now)

I had so much fun at this competition the past two years, so sad to be missing it this year. Have fun, everyone!

I know last year they did the live streamed Summit bid announcements on monday... but does this include worlds bids as well this year? That would make me happy because they're worlds bids always make me raise an eyebrow.

In the coaches packet it says that all bids will be announced on Monday (worlds, Summit, D2 Summit).

Back