All-Star Cheersport 2016 - Friday & Day 1 & Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just wonder if all TG teams should join more competition for bids. I have to be honest that I'm starting to be worried that TGLC, Lady Jags, OO5, and Angels still haven't got paid bid. Hopefully they'll do well at NCA this week.
TGLC and Lady Jags attend 4 bid competitions a season - BUTB (2 FP), CN (8 FP), NCA (8 FP) and UCA (5 FP)... I'd say that's more than enough chances for them to earn a full-paid bid.

Both OO5 (CN, NCA & UCA) and Angels (NCA, UCA & OU) attend 3 bid competitions, which I believe is enough as well. It costs $$$ to travel just to compete, so I don't think it's a good idea for them to add on competitions just for the sake of a full-paid bid. They're better off getting an at-large bid (I have faith that OO5 will get paid soon enough though) and saving up to attend worlds than to travel around competing for a full-paid that they're not guaranteed.

TGLC and Lady Jags attend 4 bid competitions a season - BUTB (2 FP), CN (8 FP), NCA (8 FP) and UCA (5 FP)... I'd say that's more than enough chances for them to earn a full-paid bid.

Both OO5 (CN, NCA & UCA) and Angels (NCA, UCA & OU) attend 3 bid competitions, which I believe is enough as well. It costs $$$ to travel just to compete, so I don't think it's a good idea for them to add on competitions just for the sake of a full-paid bid. They're better off getting an at-large bid (I have faith that OO5 will get paid soon enough though) and saving up to attend worlds than to travel around competing for a full-paid that they're not guaranteed.
Between NCA and UCA, I can almost guarantee they will all be fine.

Looking at some of these routines and I think some people need some good practice and to take a long, hard look at what they're throwing. The amount of busts and falls? Yeesh.

Especially considering they're in Florida, so it's not like they're flying cross country and NEED a paid to be able to make it worth it. Worlds is hardly a travel comp for them! And I doubt they'd have a big issue making it through prelims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wonder if all TG teams should join more competition for bids. I have to be honest that I'm starting to be worried that TGLC, Lady Jags, OO5, and Angels still haven't got paid bid. Hopefully they'll do well at NCA this week.
i want to think top gun teams especially the orlando location, dont need full paids or even try to go after them in order to go to worlds, simply because they already are from the state, it probably doesnt cost them nearly as much to attend compared to all the teams from out of state. I wouldnt be surprised if a few top gun teams got theirs at UCA or NCA anyways.

When I was on TG we only accepted one at large bid, lady jags first year, and it was a team decision not to go to another bid competition (the cost of going to another comp was more than just paying to go to worlds). After that year they said we would only go on full paid, and the same was expected from the other worlds teams, at least at the Miami location.

When I was on TG we only accepted one at large bid, lady jags first year, and it was a team decision not to go to another bid competition (the cost of going to another comp was more than just paying to go to worlds). After that year they said we would only go on full paid, and the same was expected from the other worlds teams, at least at the Miami location.
wow didnt know that, but what about the orlando location (angels) do they go by the same rules.

Location shouldn't matter IMO.

*The day Susie was not full of sunshine.*

wow didnt know that, but what about the orlando location (angels) do they go by the same rules.
I can't imagine they wouldn't go on an at large bid. I am in no way speaking for them though :) angels placed top ten at worlds three years in a row on an at large bid as Orlando Allstars Angels. Knowing the owner, I would assume she would attend worlds on any bid- since TGIF will most likely go on their at large.

I have no idea. I haven't been an athlete at top gun since the 2013-2014 season. I coach and am on an IOC6 team in Texas now, but I would assume each location is different in their opinion on bids/going to worlds. And like I said, there have been exceptions, so it wouldn't be out of the question for any top gun team to attend worlds if they were to not receive a full paid, and I would honestly expect to see some TG teams going on at-large this year.

Back