All-Star Cheersport 2018 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Re: the unattended child issue.

I was at a very large soccer tournament this weekend, one of the kind that is at a complex of sorts with multiple games going on multiple fields. It always concerns me to see how far folks are willing to let their kids go distance-wise without them. See also: I am additionally more concerned when folks think that allowing a kid to roam with another slightly older kid is somehow safer. Ex: first grader is totally safe to go to other field that is almost a football field away if 3rd grade sister goes with.

My nieces are older now, but were always super mad when they were little and competing in pageants (with me at times as chaperone/adult if mom was working that first night), because no, a 5 and a 8-year-old are not going to the pool together without an adult, even if a third older kid says then can go with. No, I don't care if Becky Sue's mom always lets her go down by herself or with another little friend. Oh, 11 year old friend said she'd go with you both? Still no. Another kid who is not that much older than you, is not going to know what to do if something happens to you in the pool. I'm not putting that responsibility on them.

If people really think that people/children aren't abducted or attempted to be abducted in broad daylight. Then you clearly haven't watched enough YouTube surveillance videos of people trying to abduct kids in the middle of the day.....

So I hearing summit bids are being passed down if the team in their divisions already have bids? Has anyone else heard this?

Or can paid bids go to non-winners?

Last edited:
So I hearing summit bids are being passed down if the team in their divisions already have bids? Has anyone else heard this?

I don't believe so based on the wording in the bid declaration specifically mentioning champions for both at-large and paid bids. I guess we will find out tonight.

Going by just champions getting bids, and if I counted right, I believe up to 76 bids could be awarded tonight. 34 D1, 33 D2, and 9 International. The minimum would be 56, if every team that gets a paid bid went into the comp with no bid. It will probably be somewhere in between those 2 numbers.

Going by just champions getting bids, and if I counted right, I believe up to 76 bids could be awarded tonight. 34 D1, 33 D2, and 9 International. The minimum would be 56, if every team that gets a paid bid went into the comp with no bid. It will probably be somewhere in between those 2 numbers.
I'm too lazy to do the math, but I wonder what that ratio is to # of teams versus Worlds bids to level 5 and 6 teams. For all of the complaints I hear that there are no Summit bids, 56-76 at one competition seems like a lot.

I'm too lazy to do the math, but I wonder what that ratio is to # of teams versus Worlds bids to level 5 and 6 teams. For all of the complaints I hear that there are no Summit bids, 56-76 at one competition seems like a lot.
7-9% of Summit teams and 29% of Worlds teams will get bids. It does sound like a lot, but so does 27 Worlds bids for 94 teams.

They posted on twitter that bids would not be passed down if the champion in any division at Cheersport or NCA already has a bid.

Worlds Bids
Paid:
- Brandon Senior Black
- Top Gun Lady Jags
- Top Gun Angels
- Stingrays Cobalt
- Extreme All Stars
- Skky Allstars Reign
- Stingrays Electric
- Stingray Orange
- Cheer Extreme Coed Elite

At-Large:
- Infinity Royals
- Top Gun Fierce 5
- Pennsylvania Elite Guardians
- Spirit All Stars Obsession
- Spirit Athletics Affliction
- Cheer Athletics KingCats
- Brandon Senior Pink
- Dakota Spirit Apollo
- Brandon Smoke
- Broward Elite Kat 5
- Famous Superstars Gold
- Rockstar Metallica
- Cheer Savannah Lady Lace
- Buffalo Envy Desire
- Florida Top Dog Rain
- One United Knights
- FCA Onyx
- Tumble Tech Code Blue

Worlds Bids
Paid:
- Brandon Senior Black
- Top Gun Lady Jags
- Top Gun Angels
- Stingrays Cobalt
- Extreme All Stars
- Skky Allstars Reign
- Stingrays Electric
- Stingray Orange
- Cheer Extreme Coed Elite

At-Large:
- Infinity Royals
- Top Gun Fierce 5
- Pennsylvania Elite Guardians
- Spirit All Stars Obsession
- Spirit Athletics Affliction
- Cheer Athletics KingCats
- Brandon Senior Pink
- Dakota Spirit Apollo
- Brandon Smoke
- Broward Elite Kat 5
- Famous Superstars Gold
- Rockstar Metallica
- Cheer Savannah Lady Lace
- Buffalo Envy Desire
- Florida Top Dog Rain
- One United Knights
- FCA Onyx
- Tumble Tech Code Blue
I honestly thought Top Dog Rain deserved the paid over Coed Elite, especially considering Coed Elite didn’t even place in the top 3. Both teams competed in B5 too, so the judging panel was the same and Rain scored a lot higher.

I counted 21 at-large for D1 given out and 19 for D2 so it appears that many divisions already had bids. Does anyone remember how many they gave out last year?

I counted 21 at-large for D1 given out and 19 for D2 so it appears that many divisions already had bids. Does anyone remember how many they gave out last year?
I counted it out earlier, 26 D1 champions already had bids and 19 in D2. Last year there were 20 at-larges in each and 2 paids for D2/5 paids for D1.

I honestly thought Top Dog Rain deserved the paid over Coed Elite, especially considering Coed Elite didn’t even place in the top 3. Both teams competed in B5 too, so the judging panel was the same and Rain scored a lot higher.
Yea, the rest were a given and no surprise. That one I was a little confused on as well.

Back