All-Star Cheersport 2018 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

According to the Cheersport bid-declaration, these are the teams that should be awarded a full-paid bid to Worlds:
  1. SKKY All Stars - Reign (Extra-Small Senior)
  2. Extreme All Stars - Extreme Senior 5 (Extra-Small Senior Coed)
  3. Top Gun All Stars - Angels (Small Senior)
  4. Florida Top Dog All Stars - Rain (Small Senior Coed)
  5. Top Gun All Stars - Lady Jags (Medium Senior)
  6. Stingray All Stars - Cobalt (Medium Senior Coed)
  7. Stingray All Stars - Orange (Large Senior)
The bid for the Large Coed division gets moved under "up for grabs" because the top 3 teams already have full-paid bids, so that's 2 full-paid bids under "up for grabs" now. I'm guessing one to Stingray All Stars - Electric (International Open Small Coed) and maybe Twist & Shout - Obsession or Gym Tyme - Fever?
BSB should be on this list.

This is from an expert in human trafficking. Please read the article and inform yourselves of what to really watch for in human trafficking.

"I have never seen, read or heard about a real sex-trafficking situation in which a child was abducted by traffickers in broad daylight at a busy store under a mother's watchful eye. It's just not the way it works.

Traffickers tend to coerce their victims because hauling them off is too risky. Their tactics generally aren't the kind that leave physical bruises. Victims are recruited, manipulated, made dependent. The psychological and emotional ties they establish are highly effective. Trafficked children are unlikely to attempt escape.They often won't snitch on their traffickers even if law enforcement approaches them..................

And while child sex trafficking can happen to anyone, children of color, children with a past history of sex abuse, children who come from broken or unstable homes, children who face poverty, and children with disabilities are especially vulnerable...................

If you want to protect your children, listen to the messages of those who know this crime best. Pay attention to statistical reports, seek out the interest groups who are working on this issue, look at the evidence presented by survivors. Don't let the understandable sympathy engendered by a scary story blind you to what sex trafficking is really about."

Why a mom's Facebook warning about human traffickers hurts sex-trafficked kids
I really hope I am misunderstanding your post.
It doesn't matter what the proposed intent was - a child was put in a potentially sketchy situation. It happens far too often at competitions and honestly, given all of the kids who walk around alone, or in groups of two and are distracted by their phones we have been incredibly lucky that a tragedy hasn't happened yet. Robbery, assault, rape, kidnapping - our kids are all ripe for the picking at big competitions. I would much rather have a valid story of an incident plastered all over social media that may not be 100% accurate in the "intent" of the suspects and have kids be more aware of their surroundings then have nothing said and a child end up in a horrible situation.

forget it. nevermind. you missed my darn point anyhow.

What was the point? Aside from telling us to do more research it seemed like you were implying the girl most likely wasn’t in danger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BSB should be on this list.
Oh goodness, I completely forgot about BSB... for some reason I thought they already have a bid (they’re just so good to not have one by this point in the season).

I guess swap out Top Dog Rain with BSB for teams eligible for a full-paid. I could see Rain being awarded one of the “up for grabs” though.

Last edited:
I get what @quietmom was saying about misunderstanding how kids become victims of human trafficking. Most are groomed over a period of time, and there are a myriad more things to watch out for, for sure. It can be much more complicated than a snatch and run. I appreciate that.
I also, however, VERY MUCH appreciate it when cheer parents and people warn one another when they see something shady, so a huge THANK YOU to the parent who spoke up! See something, SAY SOMETHING! Honestly I would'v done the same.
As a side note I was personally abducted at age 17 IN BROAD DAYLIGHT at a mall. It can and does happen. I'm fortunate I survived.

Oh goodness, I completely forgot about BSB... for some reason I thought they already have a bid (they’re just so good to not have one by this point in the season).

I guess swap out Top Dog Rain with BSB for team eligible for a full-paid. I could see Rain being awarded one of the “up for grabs” though.
Haha yep. This was their first bid comp.

I don’t think SE should’ve outscored Orange day 2. You cant count 9 elites when 2 people are not really doing them?

You can’t really use that argument when not all of the flyers on orange do their double ups. But that’s beside the point since both teams have the majority doing the stunts, that’s what counts. SE has more difficulty except in tumbling imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back