All-Star Cheersport Day 1 Chatter

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok after looking at the scores from my division I think I've personally victimized the judges because even when your clean and actually get your stunts up your still behind the gyms who were walking deductions...fabulous

I wonder how many coaches are going to be "freaking out" mentally like this during warm ups?
biggrin.png

Good pep talk.

Lol my coach was fine I however told a teammates that if she backed out on catching our basket on stage I would Sparta kick her off the stage

...but one last thing, i have a question about the scoring. I never went to cheersport nationals, but i feel like the spread between teams is ridiculous. like to be ahead of a team by 10 points at any competition is unheard off... just wanted to hear the specifics of their judging, and if everyone likes it ?

Well duh its ten points because the second place team forgot to register to give the judges shoulder rubs.....duh

Sit down and read their score sheet and what it takes to max out in each division and how much they take off for deductions... normally CheerSport is right on, and I dont see how this year is any different!

Because most people look at stunts and tumbling and don't pay attention to jumps, transitions, motions and dance....I'm still learning the scoresheet, and know everything counts...LOL

while i understand that some people are confused or upset about scores.... SOME of you that are complaining were not at the actual event. it's a lot different when you see a team live and how much energy they give off... you can only tell so much from a video so please just keep that in mind when ranking teams and such. yes, skills are skills, but everything is different when you are actually there. even though im saying this.. there are still some scores i do not particularly agree with so i can see where you guys are coming from and just wanted to throw that thought out there

Large Limited - Stingray Allstars 431.2 (0)
Semi Limited - ACE Warriors 425.6 (3)
Small Sr 1 - Cheer Command 427.4 (0) (already has at large)
Small sr 2 - Stingray Allstars 443.7 (2)
Small Limited 1 - ICE Lightning 436 (3) (do they have a bid?)
Small Limited 2 - University Cheer Air Force One 428.1 (2) (has at large)
Unlimited - CEA 438.6 (3) (already has a paid)

are they awarding paid to International teams? if so...
IOC5 - ECE 423.4 (1) (already has at large)
IO5 - Rockstar Killers 422.5 (3)
IOC6 - University of Western Ontario 368.5 (3) --can they get a bid at this competition since they're from canada?

i'm not sure how many of them will get the paid bids, just looking at scores. but I don't really know how they're awarding them.

UWO I'm doubting would compete at Worlds, just based off of what I know about them, and unless they worked something out specially (which I believe CS Great Whites were trying to do) they can not receive a bid outside of their country.

Back