Circle Of Love

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

L

Lisa Welsh

Read Full Article...

By Lisa D. Welsh

www.CHEERMaD.com

In celebration of CHEERMaD’s first anniversary we gave away a lot of gifts. Here’s another gift for CHEERMaDs, of the spiritual kind.
We all need a little help every now and then. That’s why we are prone to say “Pray for me,” “God Bless You,” “I’m here for you” and “I’m thinking of You” whenever there isn’t anything else to say. Words fail us at times.
Last year we saw this in our cheer community with prayerful requests that went viral. “Pray for Madeline’s” facebook page went around the world and back in 24 hours. Alyssa ‘s family and friends have been sustained during her miraculous recovery by prayer. Chico’s family asks for prayers and cheer friends Omar, Carlos, Jeff, their families and teammates have been prayerfully remembered.
Interviewing children and listening to their testimonials on how they were bullied has broken my heart as I’ve helped Cheer for a Cause’s “975 Saves Lives” campaign bring awareness and support for House bill 975 which would make bullying illegal. So many people are in pain, the one who is bullied but also the bully themselves. As my mother always said “People who hurt, hurt other people.”
But prayer isn’t just for the crisis in life, it’s a way to give thanks to God and my anchor~ I don’t know where I’d be without my faith in prayer.
Its normal for me to hold hands with my kids and pray out loud for thanks that we are together and for protection whenever we got into the car to travel long distances. So when we started travelling for cheer comps, it became a part of our routine. So much so that the first time we traveled with my friend Diana and her daughter/Rachel’s teammate Holly I grabbed her hand and instructed the kids to do the same and prayed. Only afterwards did it occur to me to say to Diana “I hope that was alright.”
Lately, I’ve been thinking that maybe there was a place where people could ask for prayer from the cheer community and experience God’s grace in their own lives on a regular basis. As a Christian, I have experienced God’s grace through prayer and believe that we all have the capacity to open our hearts and experience God’s glory through our prayers.
A new page on www.CHEERMaD.com called Circle of Love was established to offer CHEERMaDs a way to do just that, by providing a place to request prayers for ourselves, our loved ones and our concerns. A protective hiding place to offer support and pray for each other. It is another form of support: the spiritual kind. Click the link below and save it to your favorites for quick access. It will also be accessible through www.CHEERMaD.com.
Circle of Prayer

It’s the modern-day version of a prayer-circle.
The CHEERMaD Circle of Love will be the cheer parent version of spiritual support. I invite you to join this circle, increasing the prayer support for those in need. The only requirement to participate is an honest desire to pray for others and dedicate yourself to include prayers placed here during your own prayerful moments.
You can also use this space as a testimonial outlet and post how God has answered your prayers.
Here’s all you need to do:
PRAY FOR ME: In the comment box below, leave your request for prayer anonymously or include your name. Your request can be for yourself, your child, another loved one or anyone in need.

PRAY FOR OTHERS: If you aren’t in need of prayer, perhaps you can leave a note of love and support for those who are in the comments box below.

As we begin, we will be praying for each other but if you would like to take on a more active role and be a purposeful intercessor for prayers here, please contact [email protected].

Back