Coaching At Different Gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 9, 2012
Can you have a coach at two different gyms during 1 season? Isn't this a conflict of interest? How or why would a gym(s) owners let this happen?

If you work at Wal-mart, and are unhappy, most Americans would support your right to go get a job at Target. Coaches are people who work for a living. Coaching does not make you an indentured servant. It may not be great for a program, but we live in a free society.

When a coach is in a position where "bird crap" is hitting the fan and for moral or ethical reason's can't remain where they are, I think it's perfectly acceptable to entertain other options.

NFL players get cut and picked up by other teams. If a coach has a reason to leave or is asked to leave, shouldnt he or she be able to go out and earn a living doing what he or she does....coaching?

Yes agreed, but to coach at two gyms at the same time? Um I think that is wrong and a conflict of interest, anyone else?

Yes agreed, but to coach at two gyms at the same time? Um I think that is wrong and a conflict of interest, anyone else?
I am sorry I should of been more clear with what I was asking. i coach, 2 gyms, same time, same season.

As long as that coach isn't stacking one team in order to beat a team at the other gym, or watering down a routine coaching at one gym to lose against the other gym.. it's fine.

I think as long as both gyms you coach at don't compete against each other it should be ok, although if it were me I would rather just coach at one gym. I know a coach in the UK who coaches a uni squad and an allstar team (uni squads can comepte in e.g. Senior 2 etc over here), but he doesn't compete either team in the same division as the other. I guess at the end of the day it all deoends on the opinions of both gyms that person would be coaching at.

Back