All-Star Company's That Sponsor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 23, 2014
I need some help paying for cheer, because me and my family can't afford it all on our own. Do any of you have ideas of companies that would be willing to sponsor me? No local companies were willing to, so I'm going to try some cheer related companies, like karma returns, ect. Preferably not a big company, like Varsity, that will take forever to get in touch with.

Last edited:
Good luck. IDK if any of the big cheer companies give out individual money...but if they do, it probably goes to well known athletes because the companies want to benefit from exposure. Although I don't know you, so I suppose you could be Carly Manning.

ETA as an alternative I would try asking your gym if you can work to pay off some of your cheer bills. Some gyms will let you coach or clean for money to apply to your accounts. Also look for fundraising options such as working sports games or selling pizzas.

Of course I'm Carly Manning! ;) But I was thinking more like smaller bow companies, ect. that would be willing to donate a little each, since the price for the season is fairly cheap (less than 2,000), but still more than I can afford.

Businesses can not take a tax deduction on donating money to individuals, therefore, they generally give to established charities. Even small business fundraisers usually require it to be a nonprofit organization. I looked up a few fundraisers that are popular in our area and all of them had basically the same requirements:

Charity Car Wash Basics:
  • Organization must be a nonprofit with a 501(c)(3) classification and be able to provide its Tax ID number.
  • The organization chair person will fill out an application online and submit it to the Home Office.
  • Once approved the chair person will pick up the tickets at the nearest location and sign the contract accepting responsibility.
  • Organizations will sell Full Service Car Wash tickets at the full price of $15.99.
  • The organization will keep $7.99 per ticket sold and return $8.00 to location. Tickets that go unsold can be returned to location at no cost to the organization.
  • Organizations are permitted to receive up to 102 car wash tickets with an approved contract and have 31 days to complete the fundraiser.
  • An organization may receive and sell additional tickets once it has paid for the initial tickets, within 31 days.
  • At the conclusion of the sale, the chair person will return unsold tickets and payment for the sold tickets.
  • An organization may participate one time per 12 months.
When I was young a friend and I cut lawns during the summer (1 trimmed, the other cut), great money in comparison to babysitting, could set our own hours, had great tans and it's great exercise.

Do you have a job? Nothing against you personally, but I get tired of seeing people come on the boards asking for money to cheer. My kids all work to help pay for their activities. Every little bit helps. I don't understand the though process behind the "I want to cheer so I am going to ask someone else to pay for it" OK! I will get off my soapbox now!

Do you have a job? Nothing against you personally, but I get tired of seeing people come on the boards asking for money to cheer. My kids all work to help pay for their activities. Every little bit helps. I don't understand the though process behind the "I want to cheer so I am going to ask someone else to pay for it" OK! I will get off my soapbox now!
No I understand. I'm definitely willing to work but it's just that my parents work and I don't have my license yet (just turned 16) and they already drive me around all the time. I'd have to schedule my work around theirs if that makes any sense..? I've tried finding legit online places to work where that wouldn't be an issue but I can't find any that will hire teens. If anyone knows of any that'd that super helpful. I'm willing to work my butt off but my parents aren't willing to drive me to do that.

@beth379 You need to think about what people want. That's the best way to make money.
Sell candy bars at school for a jacked-up price. Do a 50/50 raffle. Make and sell bows at your gym. Sell "space" on a tee shirt, wear it to school with a personalized message like "Suzie-Will you go to Homecoming with me? Love, Billy" or whatever. Find things at your gym that there's a need for (thoroughly clean the cobwebs and dust around the mats...)
People really don't want to just give away money. They want something in return and if you capitalize on your talents, people's desires, and take a novel approach, you'll do better.

No I understand. I'm definitely willing to work but it's just that my parents work and I don't have my license yet (just turned 16) and they already drive me around all the time. I'd have to schedule my work around theirs if that makes any sense..? I've tried finding legit online places to work where that wouldn't be an issue but I can't find any that will hire teens. If anyone knows of any that'd that super helpful. I'm willing to work my butt off but my parents aren't willing to drive me to do that.

supermarkets are always hiring teens!

I remember when I was in HS, whenever I wanted extra money, I used to have bake sales-- I used to enjoy baking and I will make cupcakes, brownies and cookies and I made a killing and this was just fun money and not even for anything. If I wanted to make some mad money today, I think I will go to Costco and buy bulk candy, etc and sale like crazy, it is possible to raise cheer money on your own if you become creative about it and stop hindering yourself by saying you need a drive to do this or need someone to sponsor you! Another thing you should think about doing is bargain with your Parents and set an agreement that for every dollar you earned or raised, they will chip in a $1.oo. Most Parents will be happy to help, if they see that you are working hard to raise money on your own... Just saying!

I remember when I was in HS, whenever I wanted extra money, I used to have bake sales-- I used to enjoy baking and I will make cupcakes, brownies and cookies and I made a killing and this was just fun money and not even for anything. If I wanted to make some mad money today, I think I will go to Costco and buy bulk candy, etc and sale like crazy, it is possible to raise cheer money on your own if you become creative about it and stop hindering yourself by saying you need a drive to do this or need someone to sponsor you! Another thing you should think about doing is bargain with your Parents and set an agreement that for every dollar you earned or raised, they will chip in a $1.oo. Most Parents will be happy to help, if they see that you are working hard to raise money on your own... Just saying!

haha...their parents might be okay with it but Uncle Sam may not be: Health officials force local 11-year-old girl to shut down cupcake business |
KMOV.com St. Louis

Back