All-Star Concern About Small Limited & Small All Girl At Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It would be such a shame if someone were to accidentally pull a fire alarm and put one of the venues 15 minutes behind schedule.

Just find someone to fake an injury walking off the floor.

A team ranked 9th Day 1 ended up placing 2nd last year. It's not really possible to compare two divisions that are so different, and I really liked the simple solution of allowing at least 50% in each division to make it to Day 2.

That was because of a music problem, not anything to do with their skill level.

@Knowcheering your entire "sense of fairness" seems to be centered around whether nor not the same amount of teams get to day 2. Using the 70 teams that are in both these divisions (I know I am rounding) 35 teams would be done after one performance and not make it to day 2.

This way, 25 are done after prelims which means 10 more teams than the old system get to perform twice and fight for the chance to make finals. I think the 10 more teams that will get to compete twice will love this system.

It also provides for more manageable division sizes in each of the Prelims, Semi-finals, and Finals competitions for the judges to fairly score. I think that most of us will take any system that will provide more even scoring across the board.

I hope you can open your mind to this and see there are no perfect solutions. This one seems to me to be a pretty good one.

Just find someone to fake an injury walking off the floor.
If you had a whole team just lay on the floor after they perform, it would take a few minutes to clear them all off.

I love reading everyone's opinion and I'm wondering for those who like this idea, Do you think it should happen in all divisions? Have the at-large teams have prelims, then go to semis regardless of how many are in the div? Would this help Int Coed and the issues of how many go to finals. It sounds good to me, but you guys know more about the implications than I. Is there an easy way to make a mock schedule to see how this would change things?

Maybe they still have those sparkly gloves from F5 in dallas that one year.
I recommend wearing those!

All I have to say is, if the fire alarm goes off in the Milkhouse like it did at Return to Atlantis...I didn't do it :D

All I have to say is, if the fire alarm goes off in the Milkhouse like it did at Return to Atlantis...I didn't do it :D
Wait, when did this happen?
i guess i missed that. haha!
too bad it didnt go off while my team forgot to do our pyramid during the routine.

Wait, when did this happen?
i guess i missed that. haha!
too bad it didnt go off while my team forgot to do our pyramid during the routine.

It happened in the afternoon on Sunday. My youth1 was in warmup and they had to stop the competition.

Back