All-Star Confessions Of An International Fierceboarder

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I actually can't stand around 15% of my team, and the 50% who I don't mind are still annoying but that special 35% who I do like I love soooo much! Like they're my best friends.
I'm not fond of my uni...
I'm a MASSIVE cheer stalker, like I seriously creep myself out...
I can't think of anything else on the spot?

I probably know more about American Teams and Gyms then i do about the ones in my own country
From time to time i am very suprised how people talk to each other on here, i feel like most of the people on here are very straight forward.
I am stunned how BIG the whole Cheerlebrity and ''Fan'' culture is in the US. We definitly don't have that here.

YES!!! Like I know next to nothing about programmes here apart from the bigish ones, but america.. I know tonnes!!!
I also am VERY judgemental of nasty comp hair, like why do you want a small piece of hair in a wonky poof with a 'high pony' that looks awful?
I stalk cheer athletics too much... I need a better job

I spend too much of my time on fierceboard, but never go on the British forums and talk about teams/competitions that are actually going on where I live.

I own one bow, and that's my competition bow.

My teams old uniforms were the polyester shell and skirt type (like American schools wear) with a cropped polo neck top underneath.

Most of the people on my team still have those cheer shoes that have the colour inserts on the side of the shoe, and I'm considering getting some because they're half the price of nfinitys.

(And pretty much everything said by cheeryjust and HeatUniqueJ applies to me too)

I'm back in the US, but I used to HATE the time difference when competitions like NCA and Worlds were going on. I always forgot about it for some reason and would be super confused lol. I also hated it when videos were blocked cause they contained certain songs in them.

I hate the time difference when Worlds and NCA is. I have to be awake at 3am so I can know if my favorite teams hit.

I have my own opinion at every theard. I just my english is so bad that I won't comment because people won't uderstand what I want to say or I'd emmbarassed myself.

I have my own opinion at every theard. I just my english is so bad that I won't comment because people won't uderstand what I want to say or I'd emmbarassed myself.

This. Sometimes i just don´t reply because i can´t find the right words to say what i think. Or i am afraid i will sound harsh even if i don´t mean it.

I never read the german cheer boards, just sometimes check results of championships.
I know more american teams/gyms than the german ones.
I watch a lot of videos on youtube, but i never watch the german teams we are going against.

And it is so annoying that youtube(or other pages) won´t let me watch videos because i am living in europe :mad:
I tried to watch the new cheer perfection episode just to know what i´s all about, but i can´t. :eek:

Neither of you have poor English. Not in the slightest. Besides, compare yourselves to us. How many of us do you think can speak your language? I am always amazed at the fluency with which you guys speak and only rarely do I even read something that makes me realize English isn't your primary language. I took many many years of French in our American school system but could never dream of speaking like you guys do. Don't ever be afraid to post. I'm pretty sure most of us are in awe. :)

I spend too much of my time on fierceboard, but never go on the British forums and talk about teams/competitions that are actually going on where I live.
^I am exactly the same!

I hate the fact that in a UK cheer season, we only do around 4/5 competitions a season (and our competition season is slightly longer than the US, ending in July).

It is very rare for a UK team to train throughout most of summer, we actually DO have an 'off season' over here, I envy people who are like 'My off season is the plane ride home from Worlds'

When US teams/cheerleaders mention anything to do with UK cheer, I go slightly crazy. Like when our IOC6 team (Unity Black) did so well at Worlds and loads of you guys were recognising them and saying they were good, I was literally having a breakdown haha!

If I lived in the US, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be on an allstar team because I can only cartwheel and have average jumps and stunting abilities.

Most of my team mates think I'm crazy because of my vast knowledge of US cheer :)

In the UK, you can cheer on a non open/international team past the age of 18 which I think is great, however, we don't have the great tradition of college cheer over here. Most universities have a team but they are usually level 1-3.

I know you guys aren't big fans of the Majors but at Jamfest Europe this year, it made the lives of so many people just to have a handful of CoEd Elite there, even though I was on holiday :'(

And like HeatUniqueJ said, we don't really have 'Cheerlebrities' over here, and I am GLAD!

I could go on forever to be honest but I always find myself saying 'In America they do this.....' :D

cheer_for_ashxo funny thing is, now that i'm in the UK for a year i feel like you guys are WAY ahead of Germany when it comes to Cheer.. i'd say the UK is one of the Top Cheer Countries in Europe next to Scandinavia

Back