Congratulations To Gk's Cash For College Scholarship Winners!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

T

Tricia Christ

Read Full Article...

GK is excited to announce the winners of the first ever Cash for College Scholarship Contest! The goal of GK's Cash for College Scholarship was to recognize and reward the volunteer efforts of high school juniors and seniors across the country. Cheerleaders are dedicated athletes who spend long hours at the gym, yet, many still find time to give back to their community. GK wanted to shine a light on those exceptional individuals to share with the world that kindness and support for one another goes well beyond the cheer gym.
The Grand Prize winner of a $1,000 Scholarship is Lacey Dunn from Peachtree City, Georgia! Lacey plans on heading to Clayton State University after graduation. She currently cheers for her high school's varsity squad and for Ace All Star Cheerleading.
cash_lacey1.jpg
Lacey said, "Cheerleading and volunteering are both huge aspects in my life. I love to dedicate my time to helping others and changing their lives for the better! Volunteering has taught me that helping others not only benefits them, but it makes you happy! It's a way to share love to others and touch their lives."
Lacey has spent time volunteering at local animal shelters and has assisted in running summer cheer programs for youth at her school. "Cheerleading and volunteering have brought me so much joy and I hope to do both in my life through college and beyond," Lacey said.
Congratulations Lacey on your $1,000 Scholarship from GK!

The Second Prize winner of a $500 scholarship is Alyssa Dasca from Costa Mesa, California. Alyssa attends Costa Mesa High School and is a member of her school's cheerleading squad.
cash_alyssa.jpg
Alyssa told GK, "Throughout my high school cheerleading career, I have been actively involved in community service with my team. Each year, as a team we donate over 10,000 hours to community service." Alyssa talked about how a commitment to community service strengthens her squad as a group and how she has gained tremendous personal reward from her volunteer activities.
Alyssa continued, "Doing so much community service at such a wide variety of events has helped me become a better person and it has helped me to understand the difficulties that others face."
Congratulations Alyssa on your $500 Scholarship from GK!

The Runner-up and winner of a $250 scholarship is Lauren Deutscher from Virginia Beach, Virginia. Lauren will be attending North Carolina State University in the fall in Raleigh, North Carolina. For the last four years she has cheered with the Virginia Wild All Stars.
cash_lauren_cropped.jpg

"Helping out others, seeing the impact, knowing someone is better off now that they received help are all benefits that come from volunteering and helping out others in the community," said Lauren in her submission to GK. Lauren talked about how cheering for Virginia Wild for the past four years has granted her many, many opportunities to volunteer and touch the lives of those in her community and how she has grown as a person, coach, and athlete as a direct result of those opportunities.
Lauren said, "Seeing how much something simple can touch others inspires me to volunteer and I will continue to volunteer in college."
Congratulations Lauren on your $250 Scholarship from GK!

GK would like to thank all those fantastic and volunteer-oriented cheerleaders who applied for the Cash for College Scholarship Contest. We received many inspiring entries. GK is proud to be part of a sport that reaches outside of itself to help in so many ways and wherever possible. We are equally proud to outfit cheerleaders - from custom uniforms to practice wear and everything in between. Check out the 2012 Cheer Catalog here.
Different is Better. Be Different.

Back