All-Star Crushing On A Coach

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it is so cute....My CP is only a little bit older than yours and she usually exchanges hugs with a few of the coaches at the gym. She has been there since she was a tiny and has a bond with them. They are able to push her because of the trust that has been built and she wants to please them. Kids at 6 don't know how to articulate how they feel. She probably feels as though he is a mentor and we both know she has no clue what that evens means so she couldn't possibly explain. He might actually give her that right amount of focus needed to maybe perfect a skill or gain a new one so I say make her dreams come true. LOL!

Ahhh you are soooo smart, thanks. I didn't think of that. I appreciate your info as we know I'm very young. I didn't want to encourage her but then again I didn't want to just be like no. She may do better or your right her constant googley eyes over him may distract her. I may let her dreams come true and give it a shot!! Thanks!!:)
No Problem...I'm 34 and have been back in school for a while still trying to figure out "what I want to be when I grow up" :oops:

Psychology has long been an interest of mine, particularly child psychology. I've debated it for years bc I just know the kind of person I am and there are some cases I wouldn't be able to separate work/home. Some things would just break my heart and probably do a number on me as well...but anyway, I remember many years ago during my first stint at college, I took a human growth and development psychology class and found some really interesting subjects in that class alone. Google "Oedipus Complex and Electra Complex". It's something very common for young girls and boys. Boys want their dad's out of the picture and want to be the "man" of the house and little girls want their mother's out of the picture and want to "marry" their fathers. I'm the oldest out of 5 kids and I remember the youngest at the time (one of my brother's) used to go around for years saying that he was gonna marry me. I remember telling my psych teacher and she asked if I played a caregiver type of role to him and I told her yes (from a very young age) and she said he basically went through a version of that complex w/me instead of my mother. Then the very youngest, my little sister (who came around after I was 18), used to be "normal" around my husband, then all of a sudden went through this phase where she was shy and nervous, etc. and I assumed (correctly) that she had a little crush on him...and she was around 6. She eventually grew out of it (as did my brother, LOL)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipus_complex

not the best source necessarily, but a decent explanation and revision/update on Freud's initial theories about the subject

My daughter is 11 and has had crushes since she was at least 5. I think it's perfectly normal and as others have said she will grow out of it. I say let her tumble with him, who knows maybe her tumbling will improve at least you know she will be paying attention..lol! If Edward from twilight was a tumbling instructor my kid would have her full by next week.....:D

I wouldnt be too worried about it. Last year I coached minis. Obviously, I am a girl, so they were "crushing" on me, but i had minis who would ask to come home with me/ adopt them. I think when anyone is really nice to them and they feel special that they just really like them back.

i can't take this thread seriously.....she's literally in kindergarden

She is in first grade,
And if I may not have been clear although some people figured it out.
I was asking if I should let her do what she wants like take classes with him and leave the other instructors she has now. Am I making her worse by putting her around him.. Or should I not let her. Should I let her do privates with him just so she can spend time around him?! It wasn't me being worried that this grown man and my 6 yr old are going to be together. So sorry it came off that way.

I wouldnt be too worried about it. Last year I coached minis. Obviously, I am a girl, so they were "crushing" on me, but i had minis who would ask to come home with me/ adopt them. I think when anyone is really nice to them and they feel special that they just really like them back.
hmm, i wouldn't mind adopting @Kris10boo 's daughter from the stories i've heard! she is sounds like the most adorable kid in the world.

I think it's perfectly normal for your little one to crush on a coach. I wouldn't be too worried about her taking a class with him. She'll crush on him until the next cute guy comes along ;)

My cp has a total crush on one of her coaches...as long as he is in the room with her she hits every stunt and tumbles like a champ...he walks out and it's a different kid. She thinks he walks on water and says she's going to be just like him when she gets bigger (I can only hope). She also wants to take tumbling privates with him and for now I will indulge because it seems more "hero worship" then drawing his name in hearts on her folder.
Oh and I will be marrying Justin Timberlake...so back off my casserole!

Back