OT Curlformers....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I broke one of my curlformers because I tried doing it myself. Thank god for my twin sister! Ps am I the only lefty in the world with horrendous handwriting and no physical ability to do my hair, nails, makeup, etc?
Btw - I too am a lefty - haven't had an issue with curl forms - just to put that out there too! Goodness I'm mouthy today - lol :D

urezanev.jpg

I use them. Small sections of dry hair - coated in gel - and then use a bonnet hair dryer for 15 min or so to "cook" the gel and voila!

so u dont have to make her sleep in them then????

Yes!!! I use these btw!! I guess I should've thought of that (the knockoffs). I bought these in desperation after accidentally leaving the whole bag of them in a hotel last year. CP Needs a TON - lots and lots of hair. These are a great deal - only downside is I find the wand is kinda cheap and tends to pull a little more than the one Sally's carries - Which you can buy by itself and I would recommend it since you're up a creek if your wand breaks.
THANK YOU FOR POSTING A KNOCK OFF VERSION IM IN HEAVEN NOW

so u dont have to make her sleep in them then????
Nope! CP is a princess by nature :p
I wish I'd taken a day 2 picture....but I do these the morning of comp and I typically do not redo them for day 2. She sleeps in the curls (sometimes she wears a hairnet) and we spray any flyaways and redo the bump and it looks the same as day 1!!
ETA: I found a day 2 pic lol!
a2yryteh.jpg

WOW that is awesome!!!!
Nope! CP is a princess by nature :p
I wish I'd taken a day 2 picture....but I do these the morning of comp and I typically do not redo them for day 2. She sleeps in the curls (sometimes she wears a hairnet) and we spray any flyaways and redo the bump and it looks the same as day 1!!
ETA: I found a day 2 pic lol!
a2yryteh.jpg

Just to put it out there - there are a few keys to making this work..... Many cheer friends have asked me to do their CP's hair to see if "it works" before they buy. Totally understandable. Haven't had a bad outcome and have used on many types of hair. The important things are #1)very small sections. It just looks prettier and really gives that curling iron look. So get more curlers than you think you need. 2) gel is key. Dry hair is fine. Gel, gel and more gel. 3) the bonnet dryer is the magic. 15-20 minutes. HAPPY CURLING!

Just to put it out there - there are a few keys to making this work..... Many cheer friends have asked me to do their CP's hair to see if "it works" before they buy. Totally understandable. Haven't had a bad outcome and have used on many types of hair. The important things are #1)very small sections. It just looks prettier and really gives that curling iron look. So get more curlers than you think you need. 2) gel is key. Dry hair is fine. Gel, gel and more gel. 3) the bonnet dryer is the magic. 15-20 minutes. HAPPY CURLING!
how many curlers do u use on your kids hair? and what is a bonnet dryer....told u should of been a dude haha :(

how many curlers do u use on your kids hair? and what is a bonnet dryer....told u should of been a dude haha :(
Look up the thread a little. Someone posted a link to a gold 'n hot dryer from Sally's (what I use). I probably use at least 48 on her. I know it's a lot. She also has a REDIC amount of hair.

Look up the thread a little. Someone posted a link to a gold 'n hot dryer from Sally's (what I use). I probably use at least 48 on her. I know it's a lot. She also has a REDIC amount of hair.
no my step daughter has soooo much hair thats y i asked. thanks so much for all your help n tips :)

i wonder if just a reg dryer would work...........
Sally's does sell an attachment for a reg dryer that goes on the barrel. It's like 9$ and I have one just haven't used it yet. You really need the "heat set" you'll get from the bonnet effect. Drying them individually with dryer would take a very long time - esp since she has a lot of hair. :)

Sally's does sell an attachment for a reg dryer that goes on the barrel. It's like 9$ and I have one just haven't used it yet. You really need the "heat set" you'll get from the bonnet effect. Drying them individually with dryer would take a very long time - esp since she has a lot of hair. :)
ooo thanks i will google this :)

Back