OT Curlformers....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I use about 30 for my daughter and she has long thick hair. It kind of depends on how big of sections you use but works better with smaller sections.

thank you so much :) i just found out about them and i think it would be easier than a curling wand

I HATE mine.... but it is the ONLY thing that curls my hair! They are not fun to sleep in. If you/CP has hair that curls well with an iron, I would just get a wand and do that. To me an Iron makes cleaner curls. But the curl formers do work, and they take a lot less time! I would just get a package of 40 (get the long or extra long ones).

urezanev.jpg

I use them. Small sections of dry hair - coated in gel - and then use a bonnet hair dryer for 15 min or so to "cook" the gel and voila!

if you want perfect curls, I would suggest investing in a wand. It is the greatest invention ever. My hair is baby soft and thin, and it still works magic.

if you want perfect curls, I would suggest investing in a wand. It is the greatest invention ever. My hair is baby soft and thin, and it still works magic.
This is embarrassing, but I can't even curl my hair with a wand. It's not that my hair doesn't curl. It's just that I have no hair-styling skills... :(

This is embarrassing, but I can't even curl my hair with a wand. It's not that my hair doesn't curl. It's just that I have no hair-styling skills... :(

oh I was the same way. it took alot of burnt fingers and patience before I could use it. and now I can't get enough of it. I actually curl my hair more now than straighten it.

oh I was the same way. it took alot of burnt fingers and patience before I could use it. and now I can't get enough of it. I actually curl my hair more now than straighten it.
Maybe I need to play around with my sisters more...I think I wrap my hair around it the wrong way? How do you take your hair off of it? I've seen some people unwrap their hair and some just pull the wand out.

Maybe I need to play around with my sisters more...I think I wrap my hair around it the wrong way? How do you take your hair off of it? I've seen some people unwrap their hair and some just pull the wand out.

it doesn't matter which way you wrap it, just as long as you're wrapping all the hair pieces in the same direction. that's probably what took me the longest to figure out. and my word of advice is to start on the side of your dominant hand. for whatever reason, that's always the harder side for me. I just pull the wand out. I would imagine if you wanted looser curls you would unwrap it? but I have fine hair, so I make my curls really tight to start with, because by the time I leave they fall to where I want them.

Definitely play with it more! I'm right handed and always hold the wand in my right hand and wrap with my left. Make sure you hold it upside down so the handle part is at the top and the heated part points down (if its tapered it should go from the thick part at the top, then skinny at the bottom). I think it's easier to start with the wand kind of horizontal and then once all the hair is on there, turn it so its completely vertical. I think it's more flattering to have the hair curl away from your face so for the front and top layers I wrap the hair backwards/away from the face. For the bottom I don't care as much and just kind of do it whichever way. I hold it for a few seconds and then just let go and the hair slides off the wand. Once you're done with the whole head, spray it with a salt spray if you have one, then blow dry it all so the air separates the curls to make it more full and natural. Then hairspray if you need it and you're all set! If any of that doesn't make sense I can try taking pictures of me doing it next week.

Maybe I should try these since I have super fine hair and can't even use a curling iron (my mom always did it for me.. Although she DID burn my ear in 3rd grade thanks to my little brother)

Back