All-Star D2 Summit Headed To Disney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As I said they only had a one year contract with Tampa.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I wonder if they planned this months and months ago or if it was the plan all along but it was booked up for this year.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I wonder if they planned this months and months ago or if it was the plan all along but it was booked up for this year.

Invictus Games at Wide World of Sports this weekend.

It seems like, if you were trying to make things more small gym friendly, you'd have these events in a different order...Worlds, D2 Summit, Summit.

Or small gym summit, summit, worlds--but have it over an entire week instead of weekends.

I think D2 should be before or after Worlds in order to make things easier for coaches and/or crossovers (obviously crossovers are limited by rules, but why make it easier for mega gyms and tougher on small gyms?). With them closer, it can be done in one extended trip if you have Worlds AND Summit teams. I'm just considering where I am...traveling to Florida from Seattle is exhausting.

Eta: yes...over a week would work, too, though! I misread.

So we're they originally aiming to have D2 summit at Disney this year but couldn't because the venue was already booked? Or did they realize Tampa just doesn't work?

*i don't really know if Tampa did work out well or not, since I was only in downtown Saturday morning, but didn't actually go to the competition. As long as there's not another lightning playoff game the same day I think traffic/it being packed shouldnt be an issue. I went to the beach Monday and saw TONS of cheerleaders. So obviously they enjoyed that.

Last edited:
I honestly was surprised by the location. I thought the whole thing was well run. We were there at opening both days and done with reveals/awards before lunch. Parking was easy and cheap (granted we were there early, but I heard no complaints from our youth team that competed around 5:30pm). There were long lines for food at the food trucks and Starbucks, but it wasn't an issue for me because we were done so quickly. Lines at the Varsity shop were crazy, but they seemed well-stocked and the lines were reasonable on Sunday. Traffic was light...Friday afternoon was a little heavier, but nothing I'd consider unusual for a city.

Anyway, I guess I won't be in Tampa again. I enjoyed it more than I expected, for sure.

Eta: we were at Clearwater beach all day on Monday! Also saw many, many cheerleaders.

D2 Summit, Summit, Worlds would mean that Worlds athletes can't crossover to lower levels because they would be prepping for Worlds

Wait. . .maybe that's a good idea

D2 Summit, Summit, Worlds would mean that Worlds athletes can't crossover to lower levels because they would be prepping for Worlds

Wait. . .maybe that's a good idea

Ok. Then I'm for Summit, D2 Summit, Worlds. No crossovers between any of them. I don't see why D2 coaches would be put in a position where they'd have to travel to Orlando twice so close together. Our gym has only four coaches...so some would most likely need to go to D2 and Worlds. (Purely hypothetical, we don't have a Worlds team)

Back