All-Star Deductions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Still can't find anything that says you can get a deduction for a shoe coming off. We need a WC person on here....

Earlier you quoted their rules:

SAFETY VIOLATIONS
Violation of General Safety Guidelines and any skills performed out of level will be issued a 2.0 deduction.

And I pointed out that number 6 of the General Safety Guidelines states "Soft soled shoes must be worn while competing" so it seems that not having a shoe on would result in a 2.0 deduction for violating the General Safety Guidelines.

Yes, but the bow rule doesn't go into effect until the 2013-2014 season along with makeup. So you can't get a deduction for it until then.

I think that even if the bow guidelines don't take effect yet, bows are still considered part of the uniform and if it comes off it could fall under the uniform distraction (garment not being securely attached) section.

Having a bow or a shoe on the mat during a routine is an athlete safety issue.

If your shoe comes off it mostly isn't a deduction. But you must start with them on. If someone purposely took both of their shoes before a tumbling pass that would be a deduction.

Fixing your uniform is not a deduction.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Bowing coming out isn't a deduction either. Nor is picking something up and moving it out of the way.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Still can't find anything that says you can get a deduction for a shoe coming off. We need a WC person on here....

MyGirlCheers linked to an NCA rule about shoes that must be worn. I would assume that that's then a safety violation, even if it doesn't explicitly says "if your shoe falls off"

Well about 10 shoes fell of this weekend at competition. (NCA Houson)

At least 2 different teams from our gym lost a shoe alone, they didn't get a deduction that I was aware of. Lol

See this is the issue with our sport...we can't even figure out if a shoe or bow coming off is a deduction. I get it can fall under the safety guidelines but it should be spelled out one way or another. Otherwise it seem way too subject to interpretation.

See this is the issue with our sport...we can't even figure out if a shoe or bow coming off is a deduction. I get it can fall under the safety guidelines but it should be spelled out one way or another. Otherwise it seem way too subject to interpretation.

Neither falling off is a USASF Safety Rules violation. EPs determine their own deductions just like they do for tumbling busts or stunts falling.

Seriously though! That's exactly why I started this thread! It doesn't sound like I am the only one confused! =) Thank you for the clarification for us Andre!

Back