All-Star Difference Between The Summit And Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes, I'm pretty sure there are no limitations on cross-overs or alternates other than I believe there is a limit of 5 World's athletes that can compete on each team (which I could rant about forever)
Its totally frustrating at our gym, we have the same 5 girls flying on 3 teams!!! No alternates or anything! They all 5 fly level 2,3 and 4!!! All have tumble skills of level 4. It's very frustrating! Can anyone tell me how common this is?
Thanks!

Its totally frustrating at our gym, we have the same 5 girls flying on 3 teams!!! No alternates or anything! They all 5 fly level 2,3 and 4!!! All have tumble skills of level 4. It's very frustrating! Can anyone tell me how common this is?
Thanks!
That gives me the shivers. I would be working extremely hard to hold my tongue, even if it was my daughter flying. That is just wrong.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, it's most likely more common than you think.

Thanks!
3 teams is too much for anyone and it effects 3 teams if anyone has an injury! Too much pressure and practice for anyone to handle!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

3 teams is too much for anyone and it effects 3 teams if anyone has an injury! Too much pressure and practice for anyone to handle!

Agreed, and it is not my daughter flying. My daughter is an AMAZING(I'm biased of course but I also used to fly so I know a good flyer when I see one :) ) flyer however, these girls will Always be the only ones to fly, unfortunately my daughter is the same age and tumbles at level 4 also so as long as she is lumped in with them she will never fly at this gym. I had heard of rule changes coming next season about crossovers for level 1-4 that it wouldn't be allowed between levels. Anyone know if this is true? We will be moving in a year so hopefully she will get an opportunity at a new gym. I do my best to bite my tongue but I am quickly finding its better I don't stay for any practices anymore! :) My tongue is bleeding from biting it and I am not sure how much longer I can.

Agreed, and it is not my daughter flying. My daughter is an AMAZING(I'm biased of course but I also used to fly so I know a good flyer when I see one :) ) flyer however, these girls will Always be the only ones to fly, unfortunately my daughter is the same age and tumbles at level 4 also so as long as she is lumped in with them she will never fly at this gym. I had heard of rule changes coming next season about crossovers for level 1-4 that it wouldn't be allowed between levels. Anyone know if this is true? We will be moving in a year so hopefully she will get an opportunity at a new gym. I do my best to bite my tongue but I am quickly finding its better I don't stay for any practices anymore! :) My tongue is bleeding from biting it and I am not sure how much longer I can.
I think there needs to b some rule about crossovers. We were at a comp where we had to wait 30 min for a level 2 team to come warm up because most of their members were at level 5 awards getting their first place trophy! I think one level cross overs are ok but 3! No way!

I think there needs to b some rule about crossovers. We were at a comp where we had to wait 30 min for a level 2 team to come warm up because most of their members were at level 5 awards getting their first place trophy! I think one level cross overs are ok but 3! No way!

I agree, stacking is not fair. We won first for Both J3 and S4 along with S2. All the same flyers. Got Summit bids for J3 and S4. Hoping J3 goes first since my daughter is on that team so the athletes are fresh! Is that bad???? LOL

I see the reason for the 5 worlds/summit crossover rule and see why it is necessary. In small gyms, in small markets...the restricted 5's or even 4's act as alternates for the worlds 5 teams so in case of injuries, or other reasons (teen gets in trouble, etc), small gyms should be able to fill their worlds level 5 teams without sacrificing their R5 team at summit.

If they don't change the # of crossovers allowed.. its not going to be fair. Just like all the big gyms, use all their advanced jr. team athletes(sr. age eligible athletes ) on their sr. teams after NCA, they are going to use their worlds athletes on their summit restricted 5 teams. Summit(varsity) needs to work out the kinks. They will always find 'The Grey area'..

If they don't change the # of crossovers allowed.. its not going to be fair. Just like all the big gyms, use all their advanced jr. team athletes(sr. age eligible athletes ) on their sr. teams after NCA, they are going to use their worlds athletes on their summit restricted 5 teams. Summit(varsity) needs to work out the kinks. They will always find 'The Grey area'..
I feel like if they r doing that rule, then next year u need to qualify with the number of athletes u r bring to Summit also. You can qualify with a lg team of 22 and bring 32 so even if you do not have Worlds kids on the team, you can add them later. It all goes back to being able to cross over from 5 to 2. That is a rule that needs to be looked at.

Please forgive me for sounding stupid but this is something I go round and round about with other parents. Some of you say that The Summit will never be a truly fair competition and will not receive the respect it deserves because of gyms stacking their teams. Are you saying that at The Summit you can have an athlete on as many different teams/levels as you want to regardless of what their actual skill level is? I have a parent that says when the USASF started athlete registration this year that you had to declare what level an athlete was and that that particular athlete would never be able to cross from a R5 to a level 3. I think a R5 athlete can cross down, right? It maybe ethically wrong but not against the rules, right? I'm just trying to understand this.

@MOPSMommy1 you have the option to declare an athletes level in stunts, tumbling and tosses but it's not required. And it has no bearing on what teams they cross between. Crossovers between L1 and L6, and all the combos in between, is legal.

Is this true for every competition? Basically if you fit the age requirements you can compete on any level team and as many teams as you want to/the coach puts you on? Is there a limit? Let's say you earn the full paid bid to The Summit with 18 Level 2 kids. 10 of those kids are good, but you really want to win so you remove the 10 good Level 2 kids and replace/substitute them with 4 Level 3 kids and 6 Level 4 kids because they just are better. This is totally okay and legal?

Is this true for every competition? Basically if you fit the age requirements you can compete on any level team and as many teams as you want to/the coach puts you on? Is there a limit? Let's say you earn the full paid bid to The Summit with 18 Level 2 kids. 10 of those kids are good, but you really want to win so you remove the 10 good Level 2 kids and replace/substitute them with 4 Level 3 kids and 6 Level 4 kids because they just are better. This is totally okay and legal?

Totally legal. You can also add more kids to the team and have up to five kids who attended Worlds the previous week on your level 2 team.

The only exceptions to that are NCA and Worlds. NCA you can compete on 3 teams (which is the only rule in place for all USASF competitions), but they all have to be the same level. And you can only have 5 crossovers per team. At Worlds there are no crossovers allowed at all, but that is just level 5 and 6 so it's a little different. But yep, every other competition, including the Summit, that is totally legal.

Back