All-Star Do You Think We Need Tighter Security At Cheerleading Competitions Because Of Recent Events

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
Do you think we need tighter security at cheerleading competitions because of recent events? It seems like a cheerleading competition (something really big like NCA or CHEERSPORT) would be extremely ideologically something a very terrorist organization would want to hit. A little bit of security checkpoints, bag inspections, and metal detectors was able to deny entry at the stadium in Paris. Is that needed in cheer?

I would be able to agree with this and say yes we need tighter security at major competitions however, I dont want to walk thorugh a metal detector to watch my kid cheer or have to take my shoes and belts off but yes, maybe just beef it up a little.

My only thing is I wouldnt want to teach my child how to live in fear.

I would be able to agree with this and say yes we need tighter security at major competitions however, I dont want to walk thorugh a metal detector to watch my kid cheer or have to take my shoes and belts off but yes, maybe just beef it up a little.

My only thing is I wouldnt want to teach my child how to live in fear.

A metal detector and bag check was how they stopped the guy with a bomb going into the French stadium. Seems like it would be prudent, no?

Went to a concert last weekend at a venue similar in size to the NCA Arena. There were several entrances. People lined up at all the entrances and walked through metal detectors. Large bags were searched. The whole process didn't take very long and I felt safer enjoying the concert. I bet most large venues have these services if the EPs request them. I would hope that admission fees would not be raised to pay for these services... As all that cash the EPs take home should clearly cover it!

Yes. It is something that concerned me last year and even more so now, and I have always been concerned with overcrowding in case of fire, etc. at many venues. I always look for multiple exits and try to sit near one. I have no problem going through a metal detector nor would I have a problem using the NFL "clear bag" policy for events for spectators. I don't think it would be feasible for athletes and coaches, but those bags should be searched thoroughly. I also think we live in a society where there should be law enforcement and security staff at all events (not just cheer).

In my opinion bag searches and metal detectors don't sound unreasonable at all for bigger competitions such as NCA and Worlds. Some people may see it as an inconvenience but one or two extra steps to prevent something from possibly happening at a place with thousands of people, mostly children, is worth it.

You get your bag check going in to every NCAA football game, and NFL has their bag policy plus you get wanded. I don't think it's unreasonable at all. The NFL bag policy would be a nightmare at competitions, but I think a bag check and/or wanding is justified.

We went to a competition in California the weekend after the San Bernardino attack and before we entered the Arena security used the metal detector wand on random people. I didn't have a problem with it and wouldn't mind going through a metal detector before entering competitions. Every comp we have attendant we've gotten our bags checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But if you do a bag check, then they'll find all the cheer mom alcohol. Kidding. Kidding. ;)

Yes, I think a bag check at a minimum should be done. And security guards that aren't just mouth-breathers who don't know the first thing about security or guarding.

Back