College does anyone find it hard to balance college life, college cheer, and all star open?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm doing college cheer, all star (with a 2 hour commute) ,a full course load, and a part time job. i wouldn't have it any other way because you feel so accomplished and by the end of the year you realize that everything you do has paid off. you're only in college for a while and your body can only handle cheering for so long so take advantage of it while you can!!

now that i've actually started school...
i kept telling myself oh, i can handle school, school cheer, and allstars, i had wonderful time management in highschool. and i did, and it's helping alot now, and i also appreciate all those AP classes. but you know what? college is a whole different ball game. sure i balanced school, work, and cheer in highschool, but it demands different things from you then college courses and college classes. i have been asked multiple times to do pss, and the allstar in me is still depressed and still wants to do it, but i'm holding off. i came to college to get a degree, not be a cheerleader, and i have to remind myself of that every day. it's hard, but it has to happen. and although i could probably do pss, i know in the long run my body will hate me, and i will tell myself i could have put more effort into my school work. now that im in college, i see it from a fresh perspective. i always told myself i'd be an allstar forever, but once you start cheering college, the transition comes smoothly. if you really want to do it all, maybe take the freshman year to iron things out, add a little at a time, dont jump feet first into something you'll regret later, especially since it will not only effect you but everyone else around you. that was kind of my big push to just stick with college cheer. although i would be a memver of both teams, rock coed comes first,and if i were to get hurt from over exerting myself, look at how many people would suffer from my mistakes. maybe just try to go to some comps and watch, save up money for a big one. thats what i might do. you can still be active in the allstar world without being an allstar cheerleader, look at all the people on the board :) sorry for the novel :) hope it helps, if you have questions or anything, i'm always up to helping!
peace, love, and happy cheering!

now that i've actually started school...
i kept telling myself oh, i can handle school, school cheer, and allstars, i had wonderful time management in highschool. and i did, and it's helping alot now, and i also appreciate all those AP classes. but you know what? college is a whole different ball game. sure i balanced school, work, and cheer in highschool, but it demands different things from you then college courses and college classes. i have been asked multiple times to do pss, and the allstar in me is still depressed and still wants to do it, but i'm holding off. i came to college to get a degree, not be a cheerleader, and i have to remind myself of that every day. it's hard, but it has to happen. and although i could probably do pss, i know in the long run my body will hate me, and i will tell myself i could have put more effort into my school work. now that im in college, i see it from a fresh perspective. i always told myself i'd be an allstar forever, but once you start cheering college, the transition comes smoothly. if you really want to do it all, maybe take the freshman year to iron things out, add a little at a time, dont jump feet first into something you'll regret later, especially since it will not only effect you but everyone else around you. that was kind of my big push to just stick with college cheer. although i would be a memver of both teams, rock coed comes first,and if i were to get hurt from over exerting myself, look at how many people would suffer from my mistakes. maybe just try to go to some comps and watch, save up money for a big one. thats what i might do. you can still be active in the allstar world without being an allstar cheerleader, look at all the people on the board :) sorry for the novel :) hope it helps, if you have questions or anything, i'm always up to helping!
peace, love, and happy cheering!

So proud of you!! Love you :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Rereading some earlier posts, I definitely recommend being involved in something through the actual college. All-star is just so isolated from your new college life and doesn't give you the chance to make new friends, take this from someone who did only all-star my first year of college. Join a sorority, a club, DO CHEER! Something!!!! Just "focusing on your studies" is not all college is about, it's also about building character and making new friendships! And if you are used to being busy, stay that way throughout college or you will be extremely board just studying.
(I'm not saying don't study, but you can find a happy medium!)
:)

I cheer in college for FSU, and still do a senior team at an all star gym .. and balance a college life. its alot but it's fun still! as long as you make time for everything its good

Back