Does Your Recreational Program Have To Be Insured If You Don't Do Competitions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Google Raleigh, NC recreational Cheer and you will see:

Youth Athletics Registration | raleighnc.gov

Under that there is cheerleading

Welcome to the North Raleigh Bulldogs | NORTH RALEIGH ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION BULLDOGS

North Carolina Cheerleading, Dance & Gymnastics Teams | National Spirit Network

About Us | Cheer Extreme All Stars

Cheer and Dance Extreme - Competitions

Cheerleading Raleigh - Elite Cheer and Dance

All of which took me less than 2 minutes and would probably be able to offer you and your cousin LOTS of valuable information.

Just do some research....

I would try Upward Bound and Cheer America. Or your local Y. See if they are accepting volunteer cheer coaches in order to get some experience under your belt.

I would find insurance not only for your program, but check the insurance on your practice location and get some kind of certification that carries personal insurance for the level you are coaching.
Cheer is too dangerous to not have the proper coverage.

ITA that you need to do some volunteer coaching first. You need to do at least a couple of seasons under an experienced veteran coach before trying to set up your own program, and yes you absolutely need insurance.

I would also say that if you don't have reliable transportation, that it going to be an issue as well. What happens when you don't make it to practice because your car won't start? I think you definitely need to have a reliable vehicle before stating your own program because ultimately you would be responsible if something happened to a kid because you weren't there to supervise.

Since u can't start a rec cheer squad until u have a ball team to cheer for, I would start there. Go to whoever is over the sports league and talk to them about adding cheerleading to their program. Then they would supply your insurance (at a per girl fee) and tell u what team u can cheer for.

I'm didn't read all the thread. But I've seen you all overrrrr this board. Posting all type of random things... So I don't know if you're serious. However.. Saying there's no Rec cheer in NC seems like a stretch... Stating I know for a fact that Young champions office for NC is in Cary...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm didn't read all the thread. But I've seen you all overrrrr this board. Posting all type of random things... So I don't know if you're serious. However.. Saying there's no Rec cheer in NC seems like a stretch... Stating I know for a fact that Young champions office for NC is in Cary...

I said in my area, never said nc in general. Please don't assume.

I really don't have time for people like you anymore. Y'all always take one thing I say and turn it into something big. If you're going to be like that, don't bother answering. Cause I really don't have time for the bs. In chapel hill, there is no rec football team thank you very much. Maybe you should read the entire thread before you go and assume I meant the entire nc.

I really don't have time for people like you anymore. Y'all always take one thing I say and turn it into something big. If you're going to be like that, don't bother answering. Cause I really don't have time for the bs. In chapel hill, there is no rec football team thank you very much. Maybe you should read the entire thread before you go and assume I meant the entire nc.
Your first answer was sufficient. No need to carry on unless more is said.

Welcome back.

Yes there's no Rec football, however there are rec cheer programs... The reason I say young champions is because because they would have different locations throughout the state since that's how young champions survives. Maybe you should check with them to see if they have or will have a location near you. I mean no negativity

Back