OT Dorms:)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Oct 24, 2010
so we all know it's college time:) well, i was thinking it would be cool if some of you posted pictures of your dorms... for those of us that need ideas in the future! i'm sure a cheerleaders dorm is more cool than a regular persons:)

im moving in thursday, once i get settled in ill try to take a picture of this years. but heres my room from last year
551nbp.jpg

cant wait for my room this year, its gonna be ten times better since ive got a better roommate and im in a newly renovated dorm

Bumping this because I'm going shopping for my freshman dorm this week! I want some cute ideas!

One of my friends had a roommate who was a mini martha stewart who made little curtains for their windows and they basically wallpapered one of their walls with ads and pictures from magazines that they liked. I always liked twinkle lights, it was a nice change from the bright overhead fluorescent lights.

I need help with ideas! I'm moving into a quad in about a month and half. Send some suggestions my way!

Having picture frames to put on a desk or just pictures to put up on the wall will help your dorm room feel more personal and home like. Also, anything that saves space or keeps things organized will be awesome for you since it's typically a pretty small space that you have to share with other people. The container store has great dorm stuff for that purpose(The Container Store > Tip > The Dorm Room Basic Six™). Depending on what type of wall your dorm will have, you may need sticky hooks to hang things or may have to resort to duct tape if its concrete block walls(like the picture above that was posted).......therefore if you want something cute on the walls in that case, wall stickers are a great option (wall stickers at Target). They stick easy to the concrete wall blocks ,are cheap, and aren't hard to take off the walls.

I really like this one! The colors and how the two beds aren't matchy-matchy. Found it on the "Dorm to Die For" tumblr, great blog!
tumblr_m4g9g8SBgf1rwcluao1_500.jpg

Also, does anyone buy bed sheets for Target? I want cheaper sheets but my mom is really stressing me to get nice ones. I probably won't even live in a dorm next year so there's no use in wasting money!

Also, does anyone buy bed sheets for Target? I want cheaper sheets but my mom is really stressing me to get nice ones. I probably won't even live in a dorm next year so there's no use in wasting money!
I did! I think they're good- pretty soft, lots of colors, and very cheap.

So quick questions.
At my school you can either do bunk beds, jr loft (raises the bed up but not as high as a normal loft. High enough to fit a dresser) or have a normal bed. Which option do you think works the best? I think me an my roommate are going to do the jr. loft. But my only concern with that is, where do you put the tv and microwave and stuff then? Because the dresser is under the bed and there is no room to put things on top of it...sorry if that makes no sense.

Back