All-Star Double downs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 10, 2022
So I am currently a level 5 flyer and I am working or arabesque double downs. In general I am terrified of double downs and I don’t know why. I’ve been working on double downs for about 6 years and still can’t seem to do it and I’m still to scared. Every time I even try and double down I freak out in the middle and end up hitting someone. I have a beautiful full down and can do all of the drills fine but I need tips on staying tight and not being scared of twisting twice.

I feel like it's a trust issue maybe. Make sure that if you are gonna do the stunt that you trust you will be caught. If you do twist twice focus on staying tight by kind of becoming hollow. What I mean by that is pull your arms in a little and keep everything tight. When you are up in the stunt, I know it is weird but think if your were to have a penny in between your booty cheeks, you want to squeeze to make sure that penny stays in there. You could also take a video/watch a video of you or someone else doing it to see how they do and really study. I hope this helps.

So I am currently a level 5 flyer and I am working or arabesque double downs. In general I am terrified of double downs and I don’t know why. I’ve been working on double downs for about 6 years and still can’t seem to do it and I’m still to scared. Every time I even try and double down I freak out in the middle and end up hitting someone. I have a beautiful full down and can do all of the drills fine but I need tips on staying tight and not being scared of twisting twice.
Are you still struggling?

Back