All-Star Extreme Moms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was not referring to the kids, or parents for that matter at all - in either show. I was referring to the network and the producers. Good people can look horrible on television - I think that has been proven several times and has been proven again in this case. Hope you are enjoying Florida
" Julie " Yes loving the 80 degree weather and being around such amazing real people in the cheer world Though i do miss our home gym . Thank you for clearing up what you meant . All i was saying is I do not think one bit that the way ms.Butler handled her self and acted was in any way staged or fake . Knowing her myself very well i do know that everything she dos is in the best interest of her children as well as any mother would behave the same way .

Ok, so let's just suppose that John Butler is full of bull and the show was a 100% accurate depiction of Amanda and Debbie's relationship. Now this might belong in the confessions thread, but I wasn't all that appalled. I've got a strong willed teenager and we sometimes have similar exchanges. We frustrate the crap out of each other sometimes. I think the difference in the two is that Debbie B was playing the parent while the other Debbie was playing the coach. That is why, although I homeschool my children, I could NEVER coach them. I pay people far more qualified and better suited to do that.

Ok, so let's just suppose that John Butler is full of bull and the show was a 100% accurate depiction of Amanda and Debbie's relationship. Now this might belong in the confessions thread, but I wasn't all that appalled. I've got a strong willed teenager and we sometimes have similar exchanges. We frustrate the crap out of each other sometimes. I think the difference in the two is that Debbie B was playing the parent while the other Debbie was playing the coach. That is why, although I homeschool my children, I could NEVER coach them. I pay people far more qualified and better suited to do that.

Agree. I wasn't appalled by her behavior at all. Mamas know their kids and sometimes it comes down to a battle of will. It happens.

It seemed very low budget and just thrown together. I know it's a series about the moms of different sports and the budget might not be that big for every episode but they could have at least shelled out some money for a few spring floor panels for the final routine and the rights to use music. It was poorly edited. In some parts, Debbie was clearly talking about something else but it was edited to come off as the over the top mom but hey, that's reality tv for you. I had nothing better to do so of course I watched it. :rolleyes:

My youngest daughter says to me...why do these moms sound just like you?? Lol I said because they want their kids to be the best and know what they're capable of just like I do you.

I'm not one to appreciate profanity but the rest of it...you could've inserted me right in there. So other than thinking that the show did absolutely nothing to help our sport, I won't judge the moms...

And this is exactly what I said to CP when were watching it. Debbie pays people far more qualified and better suited than her to coach her children. She didn't pretend to be a cheer coach. A mom pitted against a coach was just no bueno for me. Amanda is adorable and if I had to guess this won't be the last thing she get's asked to do. She films well......is articulate on camera and has great skills.......

(Not directed to you L5cheermom....just a jumping off point)

May I please reiterate that I was and am in no way judging someone else's parenting skills. I don't think that's right regardless of WHO it is (ok unless a parent is physically and/or verbally abusing them, but other than that..I don't). And this might not sound very popular (especially bc so many of the parents at our gym don't use it)-but the "potty" mouth doesn't really bother me. :p
Only if I heard it followed w/a degrading comment and in that it would be the degrading comment (verbal abuse).

Back