All-Star Fierce Board Mod Search!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Brief list of mod rules (this is changing, refining, and growing) but I figured I would show you all what I am thinking:

Here is a general list of rules for moderators:
- Mods are evaluated at the end of every Summer
- Mods are expected to sign on with decent regularity. A mod not signing on for a period of a month loses moderator abilities.
- Goal to have no more than one mod representative per gym / area / group
- Always let discussions go on as long as they can before they need to be closed. It is ok if they are uncomfortable and do your best to keep the conversation rolling.
- We do not delete or edit peoples posts as much as possible. This causes distrust in the community as well makes it so people do not stand behind what they say.
- We do our best to protect minors who might be singled out not on their own accord. Any minor 'embracing' the cheerlebrity status is exempt of this.
- Always do your best, always try and better, never abuse your power, and try and have fun! :)

Can you elaborate on this one, please? Area as in geographic area or area of FB? Group as in age group? I ask because I know you mentioned having mod "diversity" and I'm interested in how that will be taken into consideration.

I really like the reevaluation every summer rule. Will there be a rule on how many years you can serve consecutively as a mod? To give more people a chance to be mods if a lot of people reply with interest?

Trying to have multiple gyms represented (the board has been accused of being only CEA as well as completely anti CEA. Crazy huh?), parents and fans in the mix, a few international people as well so there should be someone around at all times.

But these are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. That help clear it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you elaborate on this one, please? Area as in geographic area or area of FB? Group as in age group? I ask because I know you mentioned having mod "diversity" and I'm interested in how that will be taken into consideration.

I really like the reevaluation every summer rule. Will there be a rule on how many years you can serve consecutively as a mod? To give more people a chance to be mods if a lot of people reply with interest?

There's only a few categories of users on here - coaches, athletes, parents, fans - so we can't completely limit mods to one per category, but we will try and limit the number of mods from a given gym. We don't want the distribution to be too light or heavy in any of those categories.

I don't think we have plans to institute "term limits" so to speak. But we did realize that a lot of the mods on the board here have been inactive for a very long time, so we're going to try and stay on top of that.

Trying to have multiple gyms represented (the board has been accused of being only CEA as well as completely anti CEA. Crazy huh?), parents and fans in the mix, a few international people as well so there should be someone around at all times.

But these are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. That help clear it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's only a few categories of users on here - coaches, athletes, parents, fans - so we can't completely limit mods to one per category, but we will try and limit the number of mods from a given gym. We don't want the distribution to be too light or heavy in any of those categories.

I don't think we have plans to institute "term limits" so to speak. But we did realize that a lot of the mods on the board here have been inactive for a very long time, so we're going to try and stay on top of that.

Thank you! :)

Back