High School Fierce High School Pictures!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

jyjuvera.jpg

AACCA and NFHS both are allowing braced flips now. But you have to have a minimum of 12 people. (3 full stunt groups) No questions asked. So you can't have 11 people and one do double duty moving from group to group. You might laugh at that last part but coaches asked me all summer if there was any way around that 12 person rule. It's there for safety.
Wait, didn't they remove double downs? Yes, let's take out twisting but allow hip-over-head rotation to be done by whoever wants to do it, wherever they'd like..SO SMART.

Wait, didn't they remove double downs? Yes, let's take out twisting but allow hip-over-head rotation to be done by whoever wants to do it, wherever they'd like..SO SMART.
My feelings exactly!!! Ughhhh I liked double downs because I can do them in my sleep. It separated the "level 3" type teams from the "4/5"

I actually just attended a judges training session on these new rules. The guy holding our session said flipping braced stunts are actually easier and safer than people think. It's true if you go through the stunt progressions to get there. I am glad to see double downs go- i have seen way too many teams seriously injuring themselves over hitting them or not getting them all the way around. I think double downs are much more unsafe than flipping braced stunts, when accounting for proper stunt progression.

I actually just attended a judges training session on these new rules. The guy holding our session said flipping braced stunts are actually easier and safer than people think. It's true if you go through the stunt progressions to get there. I am glad to see double downs go- i have seen way too many teams seriously injuring themselves over hitting them or not getting them all the way around. I think double downs are much more unsafe than flipping braced stunts, when accounting for proper stunt progression.

L
By this time last year I had maybe 5 concussions on my team. ALL from double downs. I'm happy to say that this year I have only had 1 concussion scare and she actually just hit her head on a door when she was getting out mats. She checked out fine but we still had her sit out about a week to be safe. My team always had nice double downs by comp season, but learning them was the problem. Arms flying, under rotating, over rotating... I'm glad to see them go.

The new flips are super safe and the girls love doing them. I can't wait to see what teams come up with.

C4C760CF-427E-4983-8F97-8EAD1BF47D07-2534-000002C777FB3F61_zpsb2460230.jpg

Got our uniforms the day before our big game :D cheering at Faurot Field (Mizzou football field) for our game against our rivals!
8D954D25-6CC2-4813-BDBA-EDA3A452B5CD-2534-000002C76E0AFA5C_zpseb869c65.jpg

397247_3752454891376_561505546_n.jpg

My team stunting with UW Stevens Point at a Comp yesterday:)
They are the sweetest and most down to earth people ever, and beyond funny:)

384352_3752456891426_428731544_n.jpg

Photo with our awards:)

535691_3752452691321_2118737862_n.jpg

During our Quarter Cheer portion of the comp.
I love this photo so much, Im the front on the center stunt btw.

They look really cute. You should post in the new uni thread!
I think I did a while ago! We got these for nationals, but there were only enough for the nationals squad, so we couldn't wear them till we ordered more... So I had mine, cuz competition squad wears them, but not everyone did. So I think I posted it in like September or August'

Back