All-Star First Time World's Spectator.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 10, 2011
Sorry, sorry sorry! This thread has probably been done before but I really need help! So, this will be my first year going to World's as a spectator. I've never gone to World's before. I'm going with my Mom and probably with a friend on my team. I have lots of questions that I really would like people to answer!
What hotel should I stay at?
What time should I arrive at the competition?
How can I get in to see teams practice?
Where do I get my ticket?
What should I bring?
When is the best time to fly down?
Any other tips anyone can give me? Thank you!!

I can say my biggest tip on saving money when you get down there find a walmart and buy breakfast food and a ton of protien bars, granola bars, and snacks put them in yoour back pack. It was super helpfull for me last year.

the allstar resorts are the best (even though its impossible to get a room at one without a bid it seems), i suggest flying down thursday since prelims for some teams are on friday now but along with that team practices are on friday so thats always fun. i go to the milkhouse every year around 6 AM since the doors open at 7 to get a good seat, the first team went on at 8 last year and they reached capacity by like 10 sooo thats a good tip and like the other girl said bring snacks cause disney isnt cheap. and wear comfy clothes cause saturday is like a 13 hour day.

How far is it from one of the allstar resorts to where the competition takes place? (i.e Milkhouse)? Do most people walk/shuttle/drive?

What hotel should I stay at?
I highly highly HIGHLY suggest staying off Disney property. Here's why:
-Lot's of hotels and houses come with a kitchenette. Disney's food is expensive so you can save money by packing food and taking it with you or eating in your room. If you want to see the last day practices, you can go to the Allstar resorts witout staying there. Allstar resorts do not have kitchens and they will NOT allow you to bring a microwave or toaster into the room

-If you stay on Disney property without a car you can only go to places Disney transport will take you which is to the airport, or any of the parks or resorts. No grocery store, no CVS, no restaurants except ones on Disney property, which (except for Downtown Disney) you'd have to buy tickets to enter.

-Most off property places are literally within a 5 minute distance of any of the parks. Take Disney Highway and you can find the exit for whichever park entrance you need.

-My family and I are frequent visitors to the World. We stay at a lovely place called Tropical Palms. They are individual little cottages with a bathroom, kitchen and common area. Different room numbers are available. They're really nice and super reasonably priced, especially in the off season. I recommend them highly.

Back