College Florida Schools

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 6, 2010
Hey guys, I am a sophomore in high school and cheer on a level 5 all star team. I thought I would start looking at colleges right away. I would like to go somewhere in Florida. My favorites are University of Florida, Florida Atlantic, and South Florida University. What do you guys think of these schools and their cheerleading?

At UCA this year UCF placed 3rd in D1A and South Florida placed 6th in all girl D1 if that helps you at all.

uf is a great school, VERY hard to get into, my sister got in but chose to not go because the cheerleading is not very good there. So i would recommend UCF for the best cheerleading in the florida area.

uf is a great school, VERY hard to get into, my sister got in but chose to not go because the cheerleading is not very good there. So i would recommend UCF for the best cheerleading in the florida area.

she's right but it also depends on what you're looking for.....UF does have AMAZING opportunities for game day cheerleading. the school excels in sports so their cheerleaders travel alot

I go to UCF. I don't cheer there because I have no experience with flying and don't have an interest in learning how to fly. But the cheerleaders are amazing. It's a school that getting recognition in almost all areas because it's excelling in both academis and sports. However, if you're just interested in going to a school in Florida with the best cheerleading, UCF is the place to go.

I go to UCF. I don't cheer there because I have no experience with flying and don't have an interest in learning how to fly. But the cheerleaders are amazing. It's a school that getting recognition in almost all areas because it's excelling in both academis and sports. However, if you're just interested in going to a school in Florida with the best cheerleading, UCF is the place to go.
hey since you go there, do you know what it takes to get an out of state waiver?

Hey guys, I am a sophomore in high school and cheer on a level 5 all star team. I thought I would start looking at colleges right away. I would like to go somewhere in Florida. My favorites are University of Florida, Florida Atlantic, and South Florida University. What do you guys think of these schools and their cheerleading?
They all have cheer teams, which are all very good. But if you're looking something more competitive, try UCF. FAU and Florida State also compete, but not on the same skill level as UCF.

If you want something more cheer competitive, like srt418 said, I would say UCF. USF, FAU, UF, FSU , the list goes on, all have really great game day cheerleading and looks like a ton of fun!

UF is definitely one of the harder schools to get into in FL, along with FSU. USF & FAU are the more easier ones to get into.

UCF and FAU also have amazing campuses (which are also two of my top picks for college).
It all depends on which one you like most and what you're choosing to major in :) I recommend doing your research and some campus tours :D

Good thing you're starting to get all your information now! Good luck :)

hey since you go there, do you know what it takes to get an out of state waiver?

Unfortunately I don't know how to get an out of state waiver because I am from Florida. However the financial aid office is really great and helpful! Their website is finaid.ucf.edu

Unfortunately I don't know how to get an out of state waiver because I am from Florida. However the financial aid office is really great and helpful! Their website is finaid.ucf.edu
they havent been really helpful so far ha they say "go to the website" which has nothing...

Anybody know any other Florida schools that have a good cheer team or
Scholarships? Or one that I could get a good scholarship to since I'm out of state? Help!!!!!

Back