High School Flyer Help!!! Please Read!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 2, 2013
So my flyer keeps falling out of libs and i keep telling her to stay tight but she also fAlls out of halfs and fulls and our coach told us to do libs cuz thats one of the first stunts in the routine and she keeps falling out and its so frustrating. Any tips to give her??

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Tell her to lift her chest. Tell her there's a string a little below her collar bone and tell her to pull up from there. That's what keeps you up and tell her to STAY TIGHT

Make sure she is locking out (not bending the knee) while stunting, as well as staying as tight as a board. Bending the knee is bailing out of a stunt and very dangerous for the stunt group.
If this is a problem, The flyer needs to do step up drills such as stepping up to a peg leg on a higher surface and locking out, stepping up and locking out in a thigh stand, etc. until they can mentally and physically comprehend locking out.
If tightness is the problem, a common drill to test tightness is to have the flyer lay on the ground, squeezing tight. Then have someone lift their feet. If they are truly tight, they will be a straight board off the floor....if they are not tight, their body will fold (think a line rather than an "L").

So my flyer keeps falling out of libs and i keep telling her to stay tight but she also fAlls out of halfs and fulls and our coach told us to do libs cuz thats one of the first stunts in the routine and she keeps falling out and its so frustrating. Any tips to give her??

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Make sure she isn't dropping her hip. The hip that she is raising....one of my girls had this issue so she kept falling once she kept her hip us we had no issues.

Back