From A Newbies Pov

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Kristenthegreat said............But actually, I poke at people a lot- yet my first foray into the fierceboard world was a LOT harsher than any of you newbies will have to deal with. I stumbled on here to find out that my videos were being mocked publicly by all. And I was being made fun of and called names. I earned my stripes the good ol' fashioned way, with a z-snap, a fierce hair whip/shimmy and some hardcore K-Sass attitude involving lots of witty comebacks.

Ohh mmmmmm geeeeeeee Totally forgot about that. You came here with alot of sass and it's been love at first posting for us. HAHAHAHA Good Times Good Times~

(Someone give me a shimmy please) HAHAHA

But actually, I poke at people a lot- yet my first foray into the fierceboard world was a LOT harsher than any of you newbies will have to deal with. I stumbled on here to find out that my videos were being mocked publicly by all. And I was being made fun of and called names. I earned my stripes the good ol' fashioned way, with a z-snap, a fierce hair whip/shimmy and some hardcore K-Sass attitude involving lots of witty comebacks.

Completely true story. You were down the very bottom of the totem pole when you first joined :p. Of course, not completely sure you've moved up any, but at least we don't make fun of you anymore (to your face ;))

@bburke1 I haven't been on here very long at all, but I see where you're coming from. Maybe I feel like I can relax a little now that They Call Me Susie. Sometimes I think the "old heads" are hazing, other times I completely agree with poking fun at ludicrous posts about "Hey- have you guys heard of World Cup? Their (not they're) a really good team."
You see my point.
Plus, you're gutsy. You'll be just fine. :)

The most important thing to remember on here is to have a sense of humor. Enjoy the crazies, enjoy the drama but don't ever let it get to you. That thread is all of us poking fun at us. Many of us have been around for a long time, and have seen (and participated) in some of the more notorious threads. As long as you're able to handle the sarcasm and dish it right back, you'll be fine. Personally, I only post for the shimmies, but that's just me.

Completely true story. You were down the very bottom of the totem pole when you first joined :p. Of course, not completely sure you've moved up any, but at least we don't make fun of you anymore (to your face ;))
What you all do after I leave competition chat is news to me :p I don't know if I've moved up, but I am moderately allowed to unleash the 'Sass.' That counts for something!! ;)

OMGGGGGGG this thread got brought up in the All Star forum!!!!!!!!! On my way to not being a newbie...chyeah. Life is so close to being complete...

I hope when I'm over 30 my kicks don't come out of posting on a message board and that the proudest degree I hold is not "moderator" "admin" etc. Just setting a goal for myself.

I hope when I'm over 30 my kicks don't come out of posting on a message board and that the proudest degree I hold is not "moderator" "admin" etc. Just setting a goal for myself.

Hey now...age is just a number. Though, I am proud of my shimmy count ;)

@bburke1 "I hope when I'm over 30..." congrats - you get another "was that really necessary?" That is how threads that might have legitimate points of discussion end up with back and forth sniping.

OMGGGGGGG this thread got brought up in the All Star forum!!!!!!!!! On my way to not being a newbie...chyeah. Life is so close to being complete...

It's obvious you're frustrated. You've stated before and implied above that this board is for the cheerleaders.

It's not.

It's for athletes, parents, even coaches (or anyone) who want to learn more about and discuss a sport they have some to respect and enjoy. Everyone for their own reasons but no one is judging that.

The reactions you are frustrated about are part of the experience. Most of us learn from it, come to enjoy it and make friends through the boards. I hope you eventually get to that point.

So I just re-read my second post on this thread. And I used you're instead of your. I feel ashamed. *Goes into a corner to shun one's self* Another tip: re-read your posts BEFORE you post it, for spelling/grammar errors or if you put something that might not go over well with others. (See you can learn from things here on the board.)

Back to your regularly scheduled Newbie thread..

@aggie1983 @SharkDad if we're all supposed to "not take things personally" I recommend you do the same. @NJ Coach seemed to be able to... I'm hardly "frustrated" by a online message board... I'm just being as snappy/sarcastic as the next. This message board does not change my life, I promise. Although waking up to some shimmies and responses from the vets did boost my newbie ego;)

@SharkDad I've definitely stated before how I respect FierceBoard because "few other sports have such a central location where anyone- fans, athletes, parents, alumni can come discuss..." Use the research bar before you post such nonsense, sheesh!

Back