OT Future Nurses/current Nurses

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Nov 28, 2010
Thought if there were other fierceboarders on here looking into becoming a nurse/or is already a nurse could have our own little thread to talk about the whole experience. I'm applying to nursing school next spring (spring 2015) to get my rn license, then going to get my bsn. Hopefully those of you who are nurses/are in nursing school can give us hopefuls some insight as to what nursing school, clinicals, homework, everything there is to know about your nursing school! :)

Try to get your BSN right away...don't wait and get your ADN with the promise to yourself that you will continue because things happen. Also more hospitals are not hiring ADNs anymore due to competition to achieve "Magnet status". UTA in Arlington has a great nursing program along with TCU in Fort Worth. I think UNT in Denton has one as well.
When employers start interviewing for nursing residents you could be competing against 500+ nursing students from all over the country, the 1st ones we eliminate are the Associate degree ones.
Nursing is NOTHING like "Scrubbing In" on MTV, and nursing school is a tough 4 years but completely worth it in the end.

I'm doing the bachelor in Nursing in Europe (because i live there).
In our last year we need to do an international internship. 3 weeks, 3 months or a whole year.
I applied for a whole year in the USA. So far noone in my school got permission to go to the USA. But I received a mail back that they support my decision. I have a meeting with the board soon to discuss it. They said eventhough they support it, it will be hard to succeed in accually going because so many apply for the USA and it will be hard to get all the paperwork done. I said even if I can only go for 1 or 3 monhts I'm happy. I'm really excited and hope I can go. I wanna combine it by doing an internship as cheercoach in a gym too.

So for those who are studying nursing: please tell me all about it! curious!!!

Try to get your BSN right away...don't wait and get your ADN with the promise to yourself that you will continue because things happen. Also more hospitals are not hiring ADNs anymore due to competition to achieve "Magnet status". UTA in Arlington has a great nursing program along with TCU in Fort Worth. I think UNT in Denton has one as well.
When employers start interviewing for nursing residents you could be competing against 500+ nursing students from all over the country, the 1st ones we eliminate are the Associate degree ones.
Nursing is NOTHING like "Scrubbing In" on MTV, and nursing school is a tough 4 years but completely worth it in the end.
I live in the Dallas area, and UTA is my backup school, TWU in Dallas being my first choice, TCU holy expensive!!!! My other choice as far as community college goes getting my ADN is Grayson and Brookehaven. I'm getting my BSN because of the exact reason of hospitals wanting graduates with bachelors.

I graduate from nursing school on December 18th. It definitely was challenging and at times I questioned whether or not this was right for me. Looking back at it now though I wouldn't want to do any other profession. Nursing school was definitely one of the most challenging things I have done but it is so worth it in the end! My school is only an ADN program but I have already applied for a BSN program that starts in August of 14. Luckily the hospitals in my town still hire ADN prepared nurses. I eventually would like to have my NP and specialize in neonatology.

I'm thinking about nursing, I still have another year and a bit of school/college but this time next year I should have applied to all the places I wanna go and have had acceptance(hopefully) responses

I graduate from nursing school on December 18th. It definitely was challenging and at times I questioned whether or not this was right for me. Looking back at it now though I wouldn't want to do any other profession. Nursing school was definitely one of the most challenging things I have done but it is so worth it in the end! My school is only an ADN program but I have already applied for a BSN program that starts in August of 14. Luckily the hospitals in my town still hire ADN prepared nurses. I eventually would like to have my NP and specialize in neonatology.
we are in the same boat! I havent started nursing school but other than that, I want to be a neonatal nurse also! :)

I'm currently a freshman at Baylor, also working on my prereqs for nursing! (but still thinking about switching...)

Funny how I just found this thread! I am working on my application for the accelerated nursing program at Belmont. A little nervous about getting in (they only accept 40.) All I have left on my application is the essay and I'm at a loss on what to write. If I get accepted I'll start in Fall 2014. Anyone have any experience going through an accelerated program and just how tough it is? They mentioned MULTIPLE times that you should not work during the program, that it isn't possible. Not sure right now if I'm being unrealistic to think I can still coach while going to school.

anyone studying nursing or working as a nurse please add me on facebook or mail me: [email protected]

in order to do my internship in the usa, school asked me to search for a contact myself. i wanna do my internship in the year 2014-2015 and combine it with an internship in a gym. so if anyone can help me where to go...very much apreciated!

Funny how I just found this thread! I am working on my application for the accelerated nursing program at Belmont. A little nervous about getting in (they only accept 40.) All I have left on my application is the essay and I'm at a loss on what to write. If I get accepted I'll start in Fall 2014. Anyone have any experience going through an accelerated program and just how tough it is? They mentioned MULTIPLE times that you should not work during the program, that it isn't possible. Not sure right now if I'm being unrealistic to think I can still coach while going to school.

There is no way you'll be able to coach and do an accelerated program. I started in the spring and had to drop. PM me if you want more details about the schedule and such, but it's a TON of work and long, long hours.

Back