OT Future Nurses/current Nurses

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
You'll get through it! I think 90% of what I needed to know to be a good nurse was learned on the job!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
that's the thing which sucks! I already know seniors and juniors in our nursing program that have said oh yeah you're learning most of this for what basically feels like no reason.

I feel the same way some days, when things just aren't clicking, and I cry on my drive home from class....
oh yeah, yesterday had like three different mental breakdowns after getting my exam results back. it twas a greaaat day

that's the thing which sucks! I already know seniors and juniors in our nursing program that have said oh yeah you're learning most of this for what basically feels like no reason.

oh yeah, yesterday had like three different mental breakdowns after getting my exam results back. it twas a greaaat day
Spring break isn't a break for me, it's cramming for my next exam and practical :(

Not in nursing school, but getting my DPT. I've taken A&P or some variation so many times you would think I would have it down by now. I've never taken it together as one class but I have taken them separately at the same time which was not fun either. I'm currently in anatomy and that is what I will be studying my entire spring break and forgetting about my other 6 classes. I'm doing very well in it so far, but I still feel lost pretty much every class. Oh the struggles of grad school...

I got my RN license in the mail today! Ifs official now! Now off to start job hunting!

That's so huge!! Congratulations!!

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

So funny to come across this thread.. I am in an accelerated program at VCU/MCV in Richmond VA. I will graduate in December. I currently work as a care partner on the trauma surgery unit, and I can't wait for a career! I have no idea what floor id like to be on. Good luck to everyone!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I graduated from MCV. I loved it there!

ETA: Is Joy still the nursing director on the trauma unit?

Any X-ray techs or Sonographers on here?!
I'm in a X-ray program and I'm completely bored and not entertained at all. But I'm sticking with it. I really want to do sonography does anyone know anything about cross training?!

Anyone have any good books to study for the HESI A2 and PSB? I've heard good things about the Barron's Nursing Entrance Exam book and the HESI admission assessment book....any tips!?!?

Anyone have any good books to study for the HESI A2 and PSB? I've heard good things about the Barron's Nursing Entrance Exam book and the HESI admission assessment book....any tips!?!?

My school used ATI instead of HESI but I had friends who had HESI and they mainly would just study NCLEX practice questions. There are a ton of apps you can get if you have an iPhone or iPad for great review questions! RN Mentor by ATI was a great one I used all the time. It's $20 but has hundreds of practice questions that made it well worth the money.

Back