All-Star Gabi Butler...did I Miss Something?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For all those folks 24 hours ago talking about Gabi gym hopping.....my what 24 will do for your perspective.

Gabi....you're not only smart for getting the *&%% out of dodge before the gunfight started.....but you're brilliant for getting yourself extracted publicly before the bullets started flying.

...and yes, I used bullets intentionally. Best wishes!

For all those folks 24 hours ago talking about Gabi gym hopping.....my what 24 will do for your perspective.

Gabi....you're not only smart for getting the *&%% out of dodge before the gunfight started.....but you're brilliant for getting yourself extracted publicly before the bullets started flying.

...and yes, I used bullets intentionally. Best wishes!

I disagree. I don't think Gianni and Co. started acting crazy yesterday. Everyone and their mom saw this coming months ago, so why the delay? And now to hear about how other gyms were contacted to try and find a spot...leads me to believe she falls into the 'gym hopper' category. That's great for her, I'm not trying to fault her for that, she's talented enough to get great opportunities, but...3rd gym in 7 months? C'mon.

I disagree. I don't think Gianni and Co. started acting crazy yesterday. Everyone and their mom saw this coming months ago, so why the delay? And now to hear about how other gyms were contacted to try and find a spot...leads me to believe she falls into the 'gym hopper' category. That's great for her, I'm not trying to fault her for that, she's talented enough to get great opportunities, but...3rd gym in 7 months? C'mon.
If she was offered the moon, it makes more sense to me now why she'd leave where she was. I don't think it took long after they got there to realize it was going to circle the drain quickly. My feeling is that they stuck with it as long as they could until it was all about to hit the fan and that's when they pulled out. Now, why she didn't just go back home to her original gym is information I don't (and shouldn't have because it's not my business) but I think she's better off to get out of this situation before she lost a year mired in the drama. If not for the drama here she would've moved once and been done. I think the gym drama caused the latest "hop," not her willfullness to jump from gym to gym.

If she was offered the moon, it makes more sense to me now why she'd leave where she was. I don't think it took long after they got there to realize it was going to circle the drain quickly. My feeling is that they stuck with it as long as they could until it was all about to hit the fan and that's when they pulled out. Now, why she didn't just go back home to her original gym is information I don't (and shouldn't have because it's not my business) but I think she's better off to get out of this situation before she lost a year mired in the drama. If not for the drama here she would've moved once and been done. I think the gym drama caused the latest "hop," not her willfullness to jump from gym to gym.
they may not have welcomed her back at the old gym. I know my gym once had a policy that if you left the gym to cheer at another gym that you would not be welcomed back. I am not sure we still have that policy but that could be the case with TG.

they may not have welcomed her back at the old gym. I know my gym once had a policy that if you left the gym to cheer at another gym that you would not be welcomed back. I am not sure we still have that policy but that could be the case with TG.
Very likely. Our gym has a rule that if you quit in the season you can't come back during that season. Most of the people that have left the gyms we've been with have not returned if only because it would be really awkward to be that "kid who quit" and then came back. Some have, but very few. I even think there are some that really want to come back (they're at programs that are not as competitive and have mentioned at competition when we see them how they'd like to be back on their team) but I think they aren't making that switch back because of the social awkwardness/parent drama part of it. And that's sad.

I wonder if you receive the scholarship if the release form applies? Made to pay for the season if you leave. If they can enforce that it may be difficult for athletes to leave even if they wanted to. To pay for a full year at one gym and try to pay fees for a new one wouldn't be easy.

She didn't leave Top Gun for Trinity. She left Top Gun for her own reasons and found Trinity as a good option. No matter what I don't think she would go back to TG, from my understanding of the situation.

Anyone else finding the timing of everything very interesting? Trinity's extreme recruiting methods revealed and Gabi Butler's exit to Cali?
Plus I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that Smoed just happened to have one flyer spot still open in late-November that was being covered for the time being by a temporary fill-in.
Oh well maybe it's just all a big coincidence.

Also - I looked at Trinity's Athlete Commitment Letter - note the part about what happens if an athlete leaves to compete at another gym during the season. But if you're probably not paying anything in the first place....
http://www.trinitylabels.com/forms/commitment.pdf

how in the world can the gym make an athlete pay fully for the year if they arent witht he gym anymore?! and "legal action". this gym seems all about lawsuits...

She didn't leave Top Gun for Trinity. She left Top Gun for her own reasons and found Trinity as a good option. No matter what I don't think she would go back to TG, from my understanding of the situation.

from what i understand without getting into it too much, gabi did not voluntarily "leave", therefore TG would most likely never let her back into their gym.

Back