All-Star Gabi Butler...did I Miss Something?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

from what i understand without getting into it too much, gabi did not voluntarily "leave", therefore TG would most likely never let her back into their gym.
Your understanding and facts are incorrect. We left on our own. My oldest daughter still cheers there and we continue to support her and her TG team. Please don't start discussing things you clearly have absolutely no idea about. Thanks!

Your understanding and facts are incorrect. We left on our own. My oldest daughter still cheers there and we continue to support her and her TG team. Please don't start discussing things you clearly have absolutely no idea about. Thanks!
Nice to hear it from you! Gabi seems like a great kid. She and my daughter have a mutual friend, Royce. :) It meant the world to him that Gabi visited him in the hospital. He has nothing but wonderful things to say about her. I also remember this summer that cheerleaders from all over we're watching Gabi's stretch videos, more determined than ever to improve their flexibility for their teams. I'm sure your decisions were based off what you thought was best for your family. I wish people would remember that before calling people names.

Nice to hear it from you! Gabi seems like a great kid. She and my daughter have a mutual friend, Royce. :) It meant the world to him that Gabi visited him in the hospital. He has nothing but wonderful things to say about her. I also remember this summer that cheerleaders from all over we're watching Gabi's stretch videos, more determined than ever to improve their flexibility for their teams. I'm sure your decisions were based off what you thought was best for your family. I wish people would remember that before calling people names.
Thank you very much. Royce is an amazing young man. We were so glad Gabi got to spend the day with him when we visited. They had a great time. I hear he is doing so great too. What a brave young man.

On that note, please keep Addison Locke from Five Star Cheer in your prayers. She recently had a liver transplant after they found cancer in her liver. They just found another mass and are removing it, so she is not out of the woods. I believe she may have to go through another round of Chemo now. Gabi got the opportunity to meet her this summer and she loves her so much. She is another one who is so brave!

Seriously? Just read.

Thi may come as a complete and utter surprise to the people of this board, but I don't actually care what gabi does with her life. She is an amazing athlete, but it's her life. She can cheer wherever she wants and it really doesn't matter to me.

I don't want to waste a day watchin people dissect every decision this CHILD has made over the last 4 months, it kinda irks me. More than a little.

All I want is a vague overview of what is happening so when people reference it on the boards I won't be out of the loop.

Beyond that, as long as someone is putting her well being first, I don't really care.

Have fun at Smoed Gabi! Best of luck!

My Princess who is 8 years old looks up to girls like Gabi Butler and when she was asked what she thought of Gabi moving all she said was " Oh I hope she found a good cheer family this time". Maybe we all need to take the words of my 8 year old and not worry so much what other cheerleaders are doing

Thi may come as a complete and utter surprise to the people of this board, but I don't actually care what gabi does with her life. She is an amazing athlete, but it's her life. She can cheer wherever she wants and it really doesn't matter to me.

I don't want to waste a day watchin people dissect every decision this CHILD has made over the last 4 months, it kinda irks me. More than a little.

All I want is a vague overview of what is happening so when people reference it on the boards I won't be out of the loop.

Beyond that, as long as someone is putting her well being first, I don't really care.

Have fun at Smoed Gabi! Best of luck!

This may be a complete surprise to you but I don't care either. From what I understand John Butler and his wife seem to be doing a pretty good job taking care of their family and I don't think they need my help.

My only complaint about your post was the presumption that your time was more valuable than others. It's not the first post with that sentiment (posted by many people) that frustrated me and it won't be the last.

And I find it hysterical that you take the stance that you're not interested, but want the overview. There are no Cliffs' Notes in cheer or life. You gotta read the whole, bloody truth.

This may be a complete surprise to you but I don't care either. From what I understand John Butler and his wife seem to be doing a pretty good job taking care of their family and I don't think they need my help.

My only complaint about your post was the presumption that your time was more valuable than others. It's not the first post with that sentiment (posted by many people) that frustrated me and it won't be the last.

And I find it hysterical that you take the stance that you're not interested, but want the overview. There are no Cliffs' Notes in cheer or life. You gotta read the whole, bloody truth.

ACEDAD - There are no Cliffs' Notes in cheer or life.....this may be the quote of the year!

By the way I read every post! Good Luck to Gabi, she is an amazing young woman with lots of talent! No one in South Florida is talking about Gabi & Top Gun anymore so the rest of the country should just stop.

i think she is home-schooled! :)
but i agree with you 100%. if i asked my mom if i could move to Texas because Cheer Athletics offered me a spot on the team i think she may smack me for even considering that we would move the whole family to the other side of the country(kinda) for me to cheer. best wishes to Gabi! I love smoed!! can't wait to see how she fits in!!

I don't know, my mother-in-law lives outside of Dallas and I have considered allowing my son to try out at Cheer Athletics his senior year just to see what happens. If I was 100% honest I would have to admit the reason I don't pursue it is that I would miss him to much. The article says that Gabi has family in California and it sounded like she would be staying with them. Few kids have the opportunity to be a part of something really amazing. I think it's great for her family to give her the wings (no pun intended) to godo something extraordinary. Good for them.

College does not allow recruiting. Gifts such as those offered in that note are against NCAA rules, and cost colleges lots of money, let alone scholarships, wins, championships ect.

But, yes...these are kids we are talking about. This stuff does not sit well with me.
Yes, does the University of Miami ring a bell to anyone??.... lol
Just a little over a year ago too..

Back