All-Star Georgia Allstars

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 23, 2010
Just saw a post on facebook that Jamie Parrish is no longer the owner of GA Allstars. He sold it to one of his longtime GA coaches Ray Tater Mills. Congrats to Tater. He is a great guy!

Best of luck to Jamie pursuing what he loves (I believe he is focusing on his choreography business), and best of luck to Ray and the GA program!

congrats to the new owner. Georgia all stars is an amazing program. I was in love with their routine in 2006. I hope they continue on doing well :)

From his facebook -

"Certain things they should stay the way they are. You should be able to stick them in one of those big glass cases and just leave them alone. I know that's impossible, but it's too bad anyway." - J.D. Salinger -

Well, after 24 years (minus one) of being the owner and director of the Georgia All-Stars – I am proud to announce my gym owner retirement. As of 4 O’clock today, Ray “Tater” Mills signed on the dotted line and became the next torchbearer for the Pride of the South.
It is with a peace in my heart that I go in a different direction from gym ownership. I just found myself bogging down in administrative duties, and that’s not really my “thing.”
I am not “retiring” from cheerleading, as a matter of fact; I am packing my bags to go choreograph for the ladies of WC Shooting Stars tomorrow. I just feel that I can better serve myself, and the cheerleading community focusing on what I love- which is choreography.
I can honestly say that I would not change a single thing about my career in cheerleading thus far, and I look very forward to the next chapter of teaching coaches and gym owners all over the country my craft, and helping them achieve the results that I have.
To all my former kids- I thank you for making me the person I am today. Each one of you has left an indelible mark on me as a person, and I will carry a fond memory of each of you for the rest of my days. I think as a gym owner that I have done a pretty good job – and every time I see the ugly pea green and orange NACCC logo that I created, I will remember sitting around a table in Jekyll Island with my close friends Victor, Kristen, Elaine, and Joelle and developing what would become the unifying moment of our sport.
I want to take this time to wish Tater the best of luck in his efforts to take Georgia All-Stars on the next journey within our sport. The kids who are under his guidance are in great hands.
I simply need to develop and nurture the “creative” side of my brain- as I have neglected that part of me for far too long. It is my hope that you will all welcome me into your gyms – and give me a chance to work with your athletes – be in in a clean –up practice, or with choreography.

I want to give a huge shout out to my mentor Bill Boggs. Thank you for making me fall in love with something that has provided me a wonderful life. To Dennis Worley, thank you for being my partner in crime. To Don Collins, Rey Lozano, Tiy Fountain, Jose Gonzales, and Eric Little – thank you for inspiring me as a choreographer. I am proud to be in your company.
To Elaine, Joelle, Victor, and Kristen, thank you for including me your circle of awesomeness. We gave em’ hell – and changed the World.
To Courtney – thank you for your passion, and willingness to always argue for the kids- please don’t change that about yourself. It is a very important role. To Randy Dickey – thank you for all of your support through these years. To Karen Halterman and Justin Carrier – thank you for setting the bar. To Jim Chadwick- thank you for always listening to my bitching. To Les Stella- God bless you for putting up with so much poop in this industry. You deserve a special place in heaven for what you do. To Tate- thanks for being a great friend and keeping shoes on my babies.
Jason, Jamie, Jaime, Miguel, John, Tater, Frank, Clint, Christian, Gianni, Lewis, Brett, Korey, Julian, Taylor – thank for coaching by my side and putting up with me and my craziness for all these years.
Scooch, Peggy, Wayda, Mama Jean, Robin, Cindy, and Susan – thank you for guiding my ship.
To the current GA kids – keep doing what you do. Love what you do. Most of all, remember that you a part of something that is much bigger than all of us – one huge 24 year old family that has touched so many people- made so many friends- that it is hard to even grasp.

It was a great run – and I appreciate every single minute of my time on that purple floor. I will be in to check up on you when you are least expected. I hope that they can roll my old fat booty into Worlds in 2040 and I can see you all in purple and black raising that right hand in the air. Nothing would make me happier.

Thank you- and good night.

I've been hearing he has been wanting to sell for years now. In fact I actually thought someone bought it out back a few years ago which is why I'm kind of confused. Plus at the time he may have been just talking about but I thought he did sell long ago. I was confused but still it's few GA is still going to move forward.

I've been hearing he has been wanting to sell for years now. In fact I actually thought someone bought it out back a few years ago which is why I'm kind of confused. Plus at the time he may have been just talking about but I thought he did sell long ago. I was confused but still it's few GA is still going to move forward.
The gym closed for a year back in the 2007-2008 season, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I really hope that a lot of younger coaches will read this and comprehend. Not every coach wants to be bogged down in the administrative duties and paperwork it takes to keep a gym functioning smoothly. From observation many of the creative type coaches in our industry detest with unquenchable passion this part of owning/running a gym the most. Yet they want to have significant input and final authority on other administrative decisions. Experience has taught me that sometimes it is better to be a coach than a Head Coach, a Head Coach than a Program Director, Program Director than an Owner. The higher up you go, the more paperwork and headaches you deal with. The more problems, the more parents/athletes that won't be pleased no matter what you decide, the more that you spend and the less that you make. Choose wisely less the allure of doing it all on your own just may not be your thing and takes you away from what it is that your really love to do.

good for him! i've experienced a job, or even an entire field, that you thought you loved not being everything you dreamed of. when a job starts to kill your passion, it's time to move on. i wish him well and all of the happiness in the world! (and a wish that he channels all of that pent up creativity into my WCSS girls' routine this weekend;))

i also commend him for the very mature statement. you never know what you're going to get when you open a thread about GA. :D

Back