All-Star Getting Caught...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheer Dad

Cheer Parent
Dec 15, 2009
A program was caught cheating (senior kids on a junior team) at a competition. After the EP alters standings or disqualifies the cheating teams should they be required to notify the USASF and even turn over the proof they have of said cheating?

If multiple teams involved should the whole gym be disqualified or just those team(s) involved?

**if you don't like your gyms values or how they treat your child, leave. Money talks**

Definitely USASF contacted and prior competitions checked out. If any bids involved they should be taken away?
But also a Hard decision about how to punish gym and teams as some kids/parents probably didn't know and not fair to punish those athletes/families. I would b very upset if my child was on a team that got busted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Punish the whole gym. The athletes can choose to stay or leave. I'm sorry to say it bc I'm sure there are some athletes that only have one or two nearby gyms, but you have to set an example. And there's NO WAY that a gym owner/manager/Allstar Director didn't know they were doing something illegal, and if they let it happen (or possibly encouraged it), they should be punished also.

If it was a USASF sanctioned event then most definitely USASF should be notified. If the EP keeps it to themselves what is to stop the program from doing it again and again... after all chances are if they're bold enough to do it with more than one team, they've done it before and not been caught.
As far as parents/kids being caught in the fall-out. Too bad so sad. Yes, it will suck... but if it doesn't hurt there will be no long term ramifications. I know that parents might not know the exact age cutoff rules (face it... we are all wiser for being on here) but I am sure they have heard rumblings. And again, it would be one thing if it was a simple oops ...someone turning age before 8/31 but multiple people and multiple teams? Sorry... your season is over.

Hoping it isn't a junior team we compete against at Summit. But yes USASF should be notified.

If it was a USASF sanctioned event then most definitely USASF should be notified. If the EP keeps it to themselves what is to stop the program from doing it again and again... after all chances are if they're bold enough to do it with more than one team, they've done it before and not been caught.
As far as parents/kids being caught in the fall-out. Too bad so sad. Yes, it will suck... but if it doesn't hurt there will be no long term ramifications. I know that parents might not know the exact age cutoff rules (face it... we are all wiser for being on here) but I am sure they have heard rumblings. And again, it would be one thing if it was a simple oops ...someone turning age before 8/31 but multiple people and multiple teams? Sorry... your season is over.
Yes, this!!!! The whole gym should be punished. It's the only way to learn a lesson.

If this were not "hypothetical" I could guarantee you will probably not be seeing them at the summit. d1 or d2 division.

**Of course it's true, I saw it on The Fierce Boards**

You really think "Shady Allstars" wouldn't try to sneak an overage athlete into Summit? Oh gullible, gullible boy.

Lol!

You really think "Shady Allstars" wouldn't try to sneak an overage athlete into Summit? Oh gullible, gullible boy.

Lol!

I would guess more like they wouldn't have the opportunity to any longer.

**Of course it's true, I saw it on The Fierce Boards**

I believe that if 1 team, 2 teams, pick any number of teams at a gym have been PROVEN to have cheated, the entire program should be punished. I personally believe all results from the ENTIRE season should be vacated and all bids to year end events should be surrendered. Going forward, all athletes should have to show proof of identity at all competitions for at least a full season. I also believe it should be made public that this gym was found guilty of cheating. If they are caught cheating at the year end event, that placement should be vacated, and if they were on a paid bid, they have to return all funds. (This last thing is a worlds rule, but I'd like to see it carry over to Summit/US Finals) Unless there is actual consequence, there's nothing stopping shady gyms from doing it. It needs to be more than a slap on the wrist.

Punish the entire gym, take any bids earned that season away from the entire gym, impose stricter security checks with Government Issues Photo IDs (like Flip City saw this season), suspend the specific athletes from ALL USASF competitions for the rest of the season, and impose a higher fee for the entire gym to pay for each USASF competition they attend for the current season and 3 season beyond.

Right around that point, I'll believe USASF actually takes cheating seriously and yes if it's a proven fact USASF should be notified regardless of whether or not it was a sanctioned event.

Back