All-Star Glcc Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

COMPLETELY Agree this this! I was in a very, similar situation last year and something crazy/unexpected happened mid-season at a gym that i had gone to for years (and loved) and I had to leave mid-season. And I know for a fact that If I would have had to get a release form from the coach of the gym I had to leave she would have been very bitter and not given it to me. I just do not think this rule is fair. Does any other sport make you get permission from your old coach to play for another team? No! And Yes sure, I know people are going to say "it teaches kids about commitment" but, if they are in a bad situation (and yes things can happen at a gym mid-season AFTER summer is over), why would you them through that misery?

I agree with you about bad things happening mid season - at that point the USASF should be contacted and they should be able to easily see that you should be released and handle it!

The main problem with this rule, is it assumes ALL coaches are level headed and will do the right thing when someone leaves for whatever reason. Sometimes its not so pretty and the coaches go psycho....even when doing it at the end of a season.

Would a suspension period (30-60-90 days) be a better 'punishment'?

And if someone in college wants to quit basketball and go play for a different college - can they just leave and join the other team? No probation period?

In the youth hockey leagues around here you can do two programs and that is it. You can go back and forth between the two teams but that is it. If you decide to leave the team you're currently on, be sure it's a team you definitely want to be on because you're only other choice is to go back where you came from.

for number 2, i dont specifically know who made the page but i dont think its unclassy. people may post unclassy things individually but the page itself is simply raising awareness to the situation that obviously most people on here didnt even know about until myself and other people explained the situation. and it shows the consequences that come from this new rule and how it affects the athletes.. because their hearts' are with ice.

Please explain how this is 1. appropriate, 2. Helping their matter any, and 3. How you think this is deemed not "unclassy"
hollywood.jpg

You said that 'PEOPLE' may be posting unclassy things, but the page is being used for awareness? Dont try to B.S. anyone. Whoever created this page is posting unclassy posts and the athletes AND PARENTS of ICE are liking all of the unclassy posts. They are using this page to make Hollywood look bad - when all they are doing is following the rules and using them how they deem best. This makes ICE look bad. Does ICE think they are above the release rule? What kind of example is this setting?

Could Hollywoods coach just not releasing them to be a jerk? Sure. I dont know the story. Point of the matter is - that is on the USASF. Hollywood is just using what power it was given regardless of reasons - they dont really matter. These kids should be retaliating against the USASF - Not Hollywood. END OF STORY.

Also - If I was Hollywood's Owner - After seeing what posts these kids are making - I wouldnt release them either, even if I was thinking about. Dont even get me started on the posts that were on their personal facebook pages that were probably removed because it was making them look soooooo bad!!! These kids dont want anything but for Hollywood to look like an evil villian. Dont try to B.S. something different.

You have all summer and beginning of "comp season" to find out how things are done. Do you research.

I really doubt kids are leaving gyms because of how things are done. Kids at smaller gyms who do "ok" want to be at bigger gyms who do "great"

Do you really think kids dont just walk in and demand a release? Talk trash and Bash the program? If a kid goes in with a legitamate concern and discusses being unhappy in a professional manner as stated in my post above, I agree - its unfair - but not be nieve. Thats not how things happen.

I agree with you about bad things happening mid season - at that point the USASF should be contacted and they should be able to easily see that you should be released and handle it!

This is what I am talking about. In another thread about this I posted an example about how this rule could become a problem. If you are into the season and realize certain things are taking place that you do not agree with (i think my example had to do with underage drinking with the coaches) then the USASF should be able to step in and allow that athlete to leave with the coach/owner will not let them leave. I do not know what happened between the two gyms, but if it was drama that caused problems with those athletes in a way that it was hurting them being in the gym then the USASF should step in. If they are just wanting to be on a more competitive team then sure don't release them, but if there is good reason to leave the the USASF needs an appeal system for athletes.

And if someone in college wants to quit basketball and go play for a different college - can they just leave and join the other team? No probation period?

I'll comment on this. In NCAA, no, you can't just quit and go to another school. There is a release form, just like what is being discussed here, all sports, Div. I, II, and III. Not only does it apply to competition, but you also can't practice with your new team until the release is signed.

I'll comment on this. In NCAA, no, you can't just quit and go to another school. There is a release form, just like what is being discussed here, all sports, Div. I, II, and III. Not only does it apply to competition, but you also can't practice with your new team until the release is signed.

To me All Star Cheer does not equate to college. All star does not have a clearing house, the athletes are not credentialed, and a whole host of other things that go along with being an athlete that plays NCAA sports. The question should be do other youth sports like rec cheerleading need a release?

Deleted post - after seeing the scores posted, I am now as confused as everyone else as to how the bids were handed out based on what I understood about GLCC's process.
the oringal about of full paid bids was 3 and they only gave out 2-
allstar legend
5 alarm crimmson heat

also the level 3 grand champion went to vizion allstars senior 3 coed with an 8.597 (allmost got that 8.6)..its not on their websitte;(

the oringal about of full paid bids was 3 and they only gave out 2-
allstar legend
5 alarm crimmson heat

also the level 3 grand champion went to vizion allstars senior 3 coed with an 8.597 (allmost got that 8.6)..its not on their websitte;(

They only had 2 full paid to give out- 2 full paid and 6 at large

Back