All-Star Going To Majors For The 1st Time

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 16, 2014
I've never been and want to know what to expect. Since they are filming I'm curious to how much patience I will need. Are there times specific teams do a practice round, do they practice the entire competition, or do they just wing it?
Thanks!

Are you going as a spectator or an athlete/ athlete parent?
Teams practice Friday during the day. I am a parent and have gone the past 2 years. Parents on our team did not watch practice. Parents are let in first with a parent ticket... It is open seating so many parents line up a few hours before to get good seats. Then they allow various ticket holders in at diffrent times depending on how much you paid for the ticket.
When the show begins they will show some clips of the team about to perform from when the camera crews visited the gym. The owners/coaches are brought out and answer a few questions from the MC. Then the team is introduced and they run the routine.
The filming is no diffrent then what the videographers do at any other competition.
All of the gyms that participate have mini pro shops where you can shop from.
There is a meet and greet the next day for anyone that wants to take pics with any of the teams.
The event itself is very well run and they put a lot into the production ( lighting, sound etc) that you will feel like it is a special competition.

Are you going as a spectator or an athlete/ athlete parent?
Teams practice Friday during the day. I am a parent and have gone the past 2 years. Parents on our team did not watch practice. Parents are let in first with a parent ticket... It is open seating so many parents line up a few hours before to get good seats. Then they allow various ticket holders in at diffrent times depending on how much you paid for the ticket.
When the show begins they will show some clips of the team about to perform from when the camera crews visited the gym. The owners/coaches are brought out and answer a few questions from the MC. Then the team is introduced and they run the routine.
The filming is no diffrent then what the videographers do at any other competition.
All of the gyms that participate have mini pro shops where you can shop from.
There is a meet and greet the next day for anyone that wants to take pics with any of the teams.
The event itself is very well run and they put a lot into the production ( lighting, sound etc) that you will feel like it is a special competition.
Thank you! I am going as an athlete's parent. It sounds like the event is run well and won't give me a migraine. That's what I was hoping for! I know I have to be there around 5:30ish to get in with my parent ticket. Around how long is the whole event?

Thank you! I am going as an athlete's parent. It sounds like the event is run well and won't give me a migraine. That's what I was hoping for! I know I have to be there around 5:30ish to get in with my parent ticket. Around how long is the whole event?
I think its wraps up by 10. It is very dark snd loud in the venue so bring your migraine meds!!!
If you leave they will not let you re-enter. They have food and restrooms in the hall.
The Banquet the night before is fun also. Each team walks a red carpet and the parents are the paparazzi. Then they go into a hall have a meal and owners/coaches speak and they watch more footage from the filming.
Our moms always go out to dinner while they are there because you will definetley not get a good meal in on Friday!

I'm going for the first time too! I'm on vacation in Washington that time so I'm going to be there Sat and Sun. I'm coming from the UK and don't think I'll know anyone there, @cupieqt you need to come! Does anyone know when the spectator tickets come out and how much they are? Who else is going, I'd love to connect?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going for the first time too! I'm on vacation in Washington that time so I'm going to be there Sat and Sun. I'm coming from the UK and don't think I'll know anyone there, @cupieqt you need to come! Does anyone know when the spectator tickets come out and how much they are? Who else is going, I'd love to connect?

This would be such an awesome trip to take. I may have to see about this...

Stay tuned hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll be there for SuperNationals, then?

So exciting! Here is the link for tickets:
Purchase Tickets for JAMfest Cheer Super Nationals in Indianapolis, IN

Been a few years for me but it was very well run, lots of great production, it really is a show. It's nice how they call the name of every athlete as they take the floor, that was a special twist. They were all into the drama with the countdown to start time, so no migraine but lord I was going to hurl being so nervous for my kid.

All in all a great experience. Really enjoyed the Cali Bullet parents in front of us (we all sortof leaned on each other for support when our kids were up) it was very nice.

Seem to remember it all done by about 10. You entered in order of your ticket type so with the parent tix we went in first so that was good. Enjoy it, they make it very special for the athletes and their teams, especially if you're a first timer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Majors was an AMAZING competition. It really highlighted the athletes and all of their hard work and dedication. CP and I loved it!
AND...her team won!!
Can anyone explain to me the ring process and how it works? Also, if you have any idea of how much money I will need to save to get her one? Thank you!!

The Majors was an AMAZING competition. It really highlighted the athletes and all of their hard work and dedication. CP and I loved it!
AND...her team won!!
Can anyone explain to me the ring process and how it works? Also, if you have any idea of how much money I will need to save to get her one? Thank you!!
The team designs a ring with the help of the ring company... price is based on what you choose. It takes a while so I reccomend putting a small committee together to start the design process. The past 2 years we spent around $300 for our rings.
heres the site who handles it

Team Jewelry

The team designs a ring with the help of the ring company... price is based on what you choose. It takes a while so I reccomend putting a small committee together to start the design process. The past 2 years we spent around $300 for our rings.
heres the site who handles it

Team Jewelry

That's what I expected. It's CP's first ring so she is super excited! Thank you!

Back