OT Graduation

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Apr 27, 2013
Is my cap and gown supposed to be this big? How do I put the collar on? Are there any tricks to make my ears not stick out of my hair with my cap on? I'm the first one of my moms kids to graduate so she's just as lost as I am. Someone please help!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Cut your ears off.

In all seriousness, it's just an awkward fit. You will only wear that kind of cap twice in your life (now and college grad) so it feels and looks weird. The ears-sticking-out issue probably isn't as bad as you think it looks, but try out hairstyles that will better hide your ears when your cap is on if you're that self-conscious about it. Also, ask friends or other people you know who have recently graduated for tips :)

Yup your gown will be that big. For the cap, have your hair down and put it on so that your hair covers your ears and then they won't stick out.

Graduating a week from today and I have no idea what to expect either.... which side do I put the little tassel on?

Graduating a week from today and I have no idea what to expect either.... which side do I put the little tassel on?
Looking back at pictures from graduation last year. We had it on the right side to start and then at the end of the ceremony they told us to switch it to the other side.

make sure to secure your cap on your head with bobby pins or something. one size fits all did not fit my peanut head and my cap was slowly sliding off my head as I walked across the stage at my high school graduation. for college I pinned that sucker down and all was good.

Is my cap and gown supposed to be this big? How do I put the collar on? Are there any tricks to make my ears not stick out of my hair with my cap on? I'm the first one of my moms kids to graduate so she's just as lost as I am. Someone please help!

I graduated last Sunday and it was NOT as scary and I thought it would be. I agree with pinning the cap. It was sliding off as I was walking to my seat. Curling your hair helps with the ear issue. Helps a lot.

Graduated last week!! Did not fall like i thought i would! and i agree with pinning your hat... until i realized you have to take it off if you wanna throw it. So i used the snap clips and slowly took them out after i sat back down lol

ooh, I was at my daughter's graduation last night.....we she decorated her hat and it was really nice. However, the big surprise was that 99% of all the girls had their caps decorated and at least 75% of the boys.....it was great.....like the kentucky durby fo graduation caps......I will try to post some pics.....
can you guys also post pics of decorated graduation caps.....I thought it was amazing....Now is this something in the NE or is it all over? Please share

ooh, I was at my daughter's graduation last night.....we she decorated her hat and it was really nice. However, the big surprise was that 99% of all the girls had their caps decorated and at least 75% of the boys.....it was great.....like the kentucky durby fo graduation caps......I will try to post some pics.....
can you guys also post pics of decorated graduation caps.....I thought it was amazing....Now is this something in the NE or is it all over? Please share
I can't wait to see these! Nobody that I know ever decorated their caps, not in my class or my brothers (5 years before me), or mu cousin's, who went to a different high school. So I'm thinking it's just a NE thing.

I posted mine in the random thread a while back I think, although it isn't that great. I saw a ton that were amazing at my graduation.

The decorating of the caps was/is a big college thing. This is the first I've heard of it being done for HS

The graduation class was told it would not be allowed at my daughter's graduation. Too bad, it would have been fun.'

Back