OT Growing Out Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Feb 28, 2010
I've had a bob for roughly a year now and I have decided that the time has come to grow it out. Does anyone have any tips to grow it out as quickly as possible? Ultimately, I'd LOVE to grow out past the awkward stage and be able to put it up with complete ease by the end of the summer. Right now it's resting just at my shoulders. HELPP! :)

good luck! CP has been growing out since April and can finally get it up in a pony tail!
I take her for trims every 6 months to tey and get all the layers that were stacked in the back of her head to the same length. I thin we are almost past the unmanagable stage but it was rough!

I don't know how affective it is but I use Mane & Tail horse shampoo & conditioner. (safe to use on human hair) It's supposed to make your hair stronger and help it grow.

while shampooing your hair massage your roots really well (dont forget the very back,bottom and crown- very important places too!) this will help stimulate the roots for growth. Also comb out wet hair gently with a wide tooth comb, this will prevent breakage. Do not use a brush

If you keep it styled, there won't be an awkward phase.
like, get your hair cut and change the style to match the length.

I take a vitamin called Biotin that helps make your hair and nails grow faster. So far it's working :) I had a bob back in december and my hair is now about 3 inches past my shoulders.

I REALLY didn't like Mane & Tail. It didn't condition enough and does make your hair pretty rough, kind of like a horse...! I wouldn't suggest it. But here's what I do:

- Don't wash your hair every day, it'll keep the natural oils in it and help it be healthy. Get dry shampoo or just baby powder to get out some of the grease in your roots. Just wear a shower cap!
- Getting it trimmed won't help it grow, it will just get rid of split ends. I get a split end every blue moon so I didn't get my hair cut for about 10-11 months. If you want it to look healthier, then of course get it trimmed, but your hair is breaking so easily because it isn't strong. Focus on your roots more than your ends!
- I didn't take Biotin, but I've heard that helps. I took Hair, Skin, & Nails. It was about $8 at WalMart, but I would get something else because you have to take it 3 times a day. I only did it for a couple of weeks and my hair grew an inch or more. Go to a supplement store or maybe Sally's and just look at all the different ones, my dad said there's one at GNC...haha. If you can't find one then the one from WalMart worked great, it was just inconvenient. They also have Folic Acid which people take along with the Hair treatment, I didn't but I've heard that works too.

Good luck, I hope this helps!

Also, fish oil pills help. I used to take the Nature Made ones. However, it left my hair stringy and oily. That may just be me though.

My CP has hair way down past the middle of her back and it is very healthy and grows rather quickly so here's my tips for quick, healthy hair growth:
Fish oil-it helps with healthy looking hair and making it grow quickly
Trim regularly- everyone thinks you shouldn't trim, but if it's straggly and rough, it
doesn't look good and therefore it's not worth it to have grown out
hair
Avoid heat as much as possible-obviously heat is damaging to your hair
Wash every other day-avoids stripping all of the oil out of your hair daily
Jello and Biotin and Prenatal Vitamins- are all good for hair and nail growth
Good luck and happy hair growing!

I cut my hair super short in March and now it's about just past my shoulders. If you put your hair up a lot, stay away from certain pony tail holders that rip and damage your hair. I know this is totally a 80's-90's throwback but scrunchies are a life saver. They're way more gentle on your hair and they actually look pretty cool.

Back