OT Gymnastics Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Kennedy Baker, where you at girl? Considering, you know, half the favorites/veterans only competed like 2 events. And you placed 3rd and not a single video was taken of you?

Kennedy Baker, where you at girl? Considering, you know, half the favorites/veterans only competed like 2 events. And you placed 3rd and not a single video was taken of you?
they didn't even cover her. i'm like sooo why aren't the camera's on her?

they didn't even cover her. i'm like sooo why aren't the camera's on her?
She 'snuck in there' according to Tim. I'm like, sooo all those times you guys just filmed the general area of the competition you COULD HAVE filmed this chick who beat the girl you covered the whole time (kyla ross).

I want to cry for Chellsie Memmel. She doesn't even get the CHANCE to redeem herself at Visas. She's probably thinking 'Maybe I should have done at least ONE extra event'..ALTHOUGH- Oksana Chusovitina came back to Olympic gymnastics competition at what, 36?

I want to cry for Chellsie Memmel. She doesn't even get the CHANCE to redeem herself at Visas. She's probably thinking 'Maybe I should have done at least ONE extra event'..ALTHOUGH- Oksana Chusovitina came back to Olympic gymnastics competition at what, 36?
I'm a bit confused on the Chellsie Memmel thing, has she been told she can't compete at the Visas or something?
Yeah Oksana did (after having a child), but I think she only does vault. She came second at the Europeans.

The Chellsie thing is just so sad. This article, Why Chellsie Memmel's Nationals petition was refused - National Gymnastics | Examiner.com, explains that those who wanted to petition had to get a 14.0 or higher, and she didn't get close to that unfortunately.

chyeeaaa69 I agree about Nastia being able to bring it when necessary. As she said in her interviews, when the green light went on, something clicked. I think that's what's great about her. I think the other youngsters have to work on that aspect of the sport. I'd love to see Alicia and Shawn back, they're my two favorite gymnasts of this 'era', if you will. I think Alicia's leadership could provide this team with something they seem to be lacking. However, I'm still waiting for her and Shawn to prove themselves and come back, which they haven't yet, and that's why they're part of my questionable 5th position on my hypothetical team.

I was so excited and nervous to watch Nastia, so happy she is back. I love graceful gymnasts. I really wanted to see her on bars, so hopefully she will do it at nationals. From what I have been reading lately Shawn is more interested in promoting her new book that come out the week of nationals then in training. She just got a deal with Nike so Im not sure how that will work.

I was so excited and nervous to watch Nastia, so happy she is back. I love graceful gymnasts. I really wanted to see her on bars, so hopefully she will do it at nationals. From what I have been reading lately Shawn is more interested in promoting her new book that come out the week of nationals then in training. She just got a deal with Nike so Im not sure how that will work.

I doubt Shawn is too interested in the 2012 team. She didn't seem like her heart was too into it at last year's VISAs.
As for Nastia, she was doing bars in podium training, anyone know why she only competed beam?

I doubt Shawn is too interested in the 2012 team. She didn't seem like her heart was too into it at last year's VISAs.
As for Nastia, she was doing bars in podium training, anyone know why she only competed beam?

I just read a article quoting Marta and she said she will be doing it at nationals but she wants her to be able to score atleast a 16. So hopefully she just decided to rework some things in it.

I just read a article quoting Marta and she said she will be doing it at nationals but she wants her to be able to score atleast a 16. So hopefully she just decided to rework some things in it.

Judging by her podium training video, her form is as good as ever, possibly better, so I don't doubt she'd be able to pull off a 16. Her beam starts at a 16, which is right up there with the best, so I think she has a good shot.
Is she still doing floor, does anyone know? She had an AMAZING floor routine by the looks of it (of course, didn't see the actual tumbling lines) and I'd love to see it competed.

Judging by her podium training video, her form is as good as ever, possibly better, so I don't doubt she'd be able to pull off a 16. Her beam starts at a 16, which is right up there with the best, so I think she has a good shot.
Is she still doing floor, does anyone know? She had an AMAZING floor routine by the looks of it (of course, didn't see the actual tumbling lines) and I'd love to see it competed.

no floor just bars and beam

I think they're going to take Nastia. Bars are our weak point, and that's her strong point. She also has the leadership that we would need. Alicia could fulfill that leader role as well, but I don't think Shawn would be as strong a leader as either Alicia or Nastia. If we needed the floor/vault scores-Alicia would get the 5 spot, but since we need the bars, it's going to be Nastia.

I think they're going to take Nastia. Bars are our weak point, and that's her strong point. She also has the leadership that we would need. Alicia could fulfill that leader role as well, but I don't think Shawn would be as strong a leader as either Alicia or Nastia. If we needed the floor/vault scores-Alicia would get the 5 spot, but since we need the bars, it's going to be Nastia.

I'm wondering if Alicia could take Maroney's spot. Maroney puts up a bars score, but beam and floor Alicia is stronger and more consistent (in my opinion), and is rumoured to be hitting an Amanar and a fhs double twist, so Idk!

I'm wondering if Alicia could take Maroney's spot. Maroney puts up a bars score, but beam and floor Alicia is stronger and more consistent (in my opinion), and is rumoured to be hitting an Amanar and a fhs double twist, so Idk!
I think I'm going to wait until after Visas- right now so many people are 'What-Ifs' and had shaky showings at Secret that to try to guess now is killing me.

Now that would be interesting. I love Alicia's gymnastics, and having 2 girls from MA in the Olympics would be pretty exciting (assuming Aly gets in, of course). Gah these next two weeks need to go by quickly so Visa's can start!

Latest posts

Back