Half Tops Or Full Tops?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My CPs gym is switching to full tops this season for all levels. Can't wait to see them at the first uniform fitting. Some of the girls are worried about being too hot, too consticted, etc. but the "stretchy" material looks comfortable and alot of the parents are thrilled about the change. To be continued.

It depends on the age, demographic, and level of the team. I agree that half ones look more all-star and the full-body tops look cleaner, more collegiate. However, I know that often times the crops look awkward on the younger girls because they do not have the developed body parts to fill them properly; especially now with all the innovative new designs coming out.

For my college all-girl team, we got all-star inspired half tops our first year out, but the second year no new girls wanted to join because of how revealing they were. We failed to take into account that girls trying out for an all-girl team are not all size zeros and we missed out on a lot of powerhouse bases and tumblers because of it. This year we're getting white, one shoulder, full body, misty/mystique ones with a simple skirt and strip design. We want to keep it classy and simple. There's beauty in simplicity.

Never had half tops... They seem easier for tumbling though and not needing to pull down full tops would help from deductions... Though, personally, I'm more comfortable with full tops being I'm a younger cheerleader and just not quite ready to show all dat...

Half-tops. After wearing them, you'll never want to go back. I find it a lot easier to tumble in, and you're not constantly pulling them down during the routine. (Or in my case, randomly shimmying and hoping that none of the judges notice my bad attempt at getting my uniform to stay down.) That being said, full-tops are a lot less revealing, and in the case of Minis, or some of the more conservative Youths, they're a better uniform as they provide more coverage.

I prefer half tops. I have had half and full top uniforms. i think that the half tops are more comfortable and easier to move around in. I also feel that they give you hat real allstar look.

Back